Agnostic.com

24 8

LINK US strikes Taliban forces, in first hit since peace deal - AOL News

There will NEVER be peace! Apparently the gods say, no. Do you agree?

#god
IAJO163 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When a liar and imbecile makes a deal with radical, religious extremists this is what we end up with. Should be of no surprise to anyone.

Our president did not get us into this mess. Bumbama did. Did America handle it right? Of course not, to arrogant to take heed from past experience of others. But I take a great offense to call our leader an imbecile. First, that he is not and second it does not earn our respect in the world. With all the faults he has, he is the first patriot in WH in a long time. Look at traitors like that dictator in Berlin single-handedly destroying Europe and to make sure that Europe cannot recover helped dictatorship of the EU from Brussels to chisel away all remains of democracy and logic.

@69ArizonaJerry This misdirected fiasco was created by 'W'! It's the usual story of knee-jerk and selfish acts by Republicans being inherited by Democrats at a time when it is almost impossible to settle in a viable way. Of course Demos (including Obama) always get the blame because that's what conservatives do.

Besides, he is NOT my president in any way shape or manner.

@SeaGreenEyez A big part of the problem is he wouldn't be where he is without his enablers.

I think that we should applaud the president to try to get us out no matter under what pretense. Let them kill each other, Hahaha will sort them out. I am sorry to see so many normal looking people repeat the lime accusations of the liberal treasonous press without any proof. In a sinister way, I would laugh like hell of the liberals would succeed to elect crazy Bernie or corrupted criminal. Their vailing afterward would make me laugh.

@69ArizonaJerry Unfortunately, wars and violence are not simple things. Once into one it is not so easy to extricate out of it. We should have gone into Afghanistan as they were supporting and holding Osama. Unfortunately, the Republican W wanted to avenge his father for not taking our Saddam when he had a chance. Saddam, despite his brutality was keeping the country together. When I see people making complex situations into simple B & W ones I see why things end up as messy as they do.

@SeaGreenEyez I've been told that used tampons are now being used in place of freshly slaughtered chicken giblets to devine the future. I therefore suspect that the tampons personality is but a reflection of the divination subject.
Am I right or am I right?

You mean the faux peace deal... It wasn't really a deal when the Afghan government wasnt' really consulted about the terms.

Well you know the POTUS said he had a good conversation with a Taliban leader and this was a historic moment, just like North Korea ; What a joke ! Pull out and let them handle their own business, we are in no position to tell anyone else how to run their country, with the chaos we have going on here

It is a bs deal. First, while I understood our invasion to punish the Taliban, we fucked up by trying to do democratic nation building. We have lost all our allies from Afghanistan who welcomed us and are simply handing the nation back over to the Taliban. We should have gone in, beat up on the Taliban and allowed the Northern Alliance to take a more moderate control. Not everyone wants to be Amerika, especially now.

The U.S. will eventually leave Afghanistan to live with its own chaos. No external force -- in all of history -- has every assumed control of Afghanistan or imposed peace upon it.

You can never have peace with a group especially religious as the Islamic Taliban!!!

Any one not a within their Islamist sect member is their outright enemy!!!

Islam is male dominated tribal groups in Afghanistan, there has never been peace within the last three thousand years in the mountain country of Afghanistan!!!

The Taliban leadership will do anything to rid Afghanistan of all Western influences, women’s rights, and tolerance of other religious faiths which out date Islam in Afghanistan!!!

There can never be a peaceful resolution!!!

The Russians tried, the British tried, and Alexander the Great tried to name a few you tried to conquer Afghanistan!!

If it were not for the huge deposits of Rare Earth minerals, the US would have left Afghanistan a long time ago!!!

The purpose of religion is power and money. Period. Power by creating herds of boing people, money by promising eternal life or herd of virgins to rape. That is why we have 4200 plus religions in the world from the simplest ones having a chief occupying the cave in the highest position most secure from flooding to the most elaborate one having tax-exempt status. 1170 are registered in the US.

Peace and air strikes!

The Taliban are doing this all wrong. They need to lay low until we vacate the country and then they can talk the entire country over again.

Further proof that it's foolish to trust in these things.
There is so little actual logic being employed by any of the parties involved.

Of course there will be never peace while an empire is trying to keep a country half world apart politically unstable.

Has there ever been peace? Truly? It's so depressing, the status quo for so long now.

Well that didn't last long. The mullah must not have sent him a love letter like Little Rocket Man.

Well, not as long as a colonial power is keeping a quisling government in power at the point of a gun. When the US leaves the Afghans will sort it out themselves. This "Peace deal" was just an election year stunt, hopefully no one took it seriously.

Had drinks with a business associate in Singapore during desert storm, he said biggest joke going around was the Americans were paying for both sides in the war.

We need to make peace, education, civility, and good ecology profitable, else we will never get it...

Silly rabbits, we said Piece Deal!

No. Terralife needs peace. Humans-gods have to protect, not abuse Terra-Family-Ship. Time is limited.

tipi Level 7 Oct 31, 2020

I think they are peacing wrong.

I have always wondered US presidents send young men to go fight their wars on the other side of the planet and call it fighting for our freedoms.
Excuse me, but in Viet Nam those people had no means of attacking us here at home. The same for these other groups in the middle east. Seems to me if we left them alone there would be no one to fight. They just want us out to allow them to forge their own destiny w/o US intervention. Sounds reasonable ro me. But isn't this the reason why we have a united nations? We don't have to be out there with our military acting unilaterally wasting blood & money.
We should insist any wars outside American soil should be agreed upon by lazy ass Congress and not on impulse by any president.

But isn't it our job to spread god's word to all and father democracy?

@IAJO163 who? What democracy? Are you mentally retarded?

We are now the bad guys, the rest of the world sees it. India, China and Russia are all pushing full on ahead with ramping up their military forces. For offense or defense? Who knows, but at this level they are sort of the same thing.

It's not much of a peace deal if we're still bombing them

Deals between liars are DOA!

The Taliban is fragmented chaos not surprised

Peace does not bring about prosperity. Somebody needs to be actively making something akin to armaments as we try to control that factor and also drugs.

There probably needs to be common ground for agreement for that to happen.

Superficially that seems unlikely but we also don’t know what is happening at a deeper level of negotiation.

To think critically, for whose benefit does peace in the region support and is there sufficient compensation for the other party to agree?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:466623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.