Agnostic.com

17 5

He asked me to email his friend, sight unseen. A scam?

Today I received this message from a guy on Fitness Singles. This is the third man who tried to get me to email his friend sight unseen. A stupid scam?

I reported him to Fitness Singles as a scammer.

If his friend wants to contact me, he needs to join Fitness Singles, upload photos and write a profile. It's not rocket science.

"He begged me to write you."

"Hello Good morning, am sorry to bother you, I just want to quickly take this opportunity to tell you about a family friend. He came visiting and saw me using Fitness Singles and while i was putting him through on how to use Fitness Singles site, your profile caught his attention and he begged me to write you. He his good looking and very respectful. I know this looks weird but you may never know where true love could be coming from. I will urge you to give it a try. his name is Cole. feel free to write him through his private email: ( ...@gmail.com) then you both can share more details and pics. I promise you will never regret meeting him. thanks."

My reply

Quit pimping out your friend. Not interested.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Hi. I'm Cole. I'm afraid to come out from under the house. I would like to meet you but I need you to not look at me!" "I don't have an email,,,,,,and I don't have a phone or a life".
"Want to hook up?"

Oh boy. I would reverse the scam and play him/her. Have fun with the dummy! I still get a laugh when scammers call me. I try to waste as much time as I can with them.

I think you need to explore other avenues for meeting guys. This "Fitness Singles" doesn't seem to meet your criteria for eligible men. Maybe a church social? 😆

I think that is the problem with the fitness level being the sole priority in finding a mate. There needs to be way more shared values beyond just we are both active. But that's my opinion about sites that focus on one lifestyle trait.

If his "friend"is like his writing, he's a dope anyway.

Good thing you are a smart cookie🙂

@GreatNani

Thank you, dear.

I see nothing but red flags there.

If his "friend" is interested, then the friend needs to get an account and write you.

It screams scam, but if it's real I would never in a million years want to date/contact his friend. I'm shy, but this is taking it to the extreme. That, and with you being so social, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

There is no friend. It is all him, or her for all we know, luring you into a setting in which you have fewer options (i mean, you can report gmail scams and spams to gmail but if you are the one initiatng gmail contact it is harder to make the case that you were approached and not the approacher). Also then he knows your email and can try to hack you and/or set you up to be harasssed forever if you are uncooperative.

g

This is so Jr High. That was the last time I saw this in real life. The Internet allows you to make contact without being embarrassed by the rejection in front of your friends. I vote either scam or preteen.

I’ve received those before. There is no friend. It’s just a different way to get your email address. Stupid scammers are a drain on the time of those of us serious about finding a hookup, er, I mean, a relationship. 🤪

Way to tell him, the wording has scam all over it

Scammers are pretty despicable people to start with, but in my opinion scammers using romance to lead people on sink even deeper into the scammer cesspool.

JimG Level 8 Mar 8, 2020

Probably a way to get you to open an email attachment that's malicious.

1of5 Level 8 Mar 8, 2020

First of all, anyone that begs for anything, has got some deep rooted issues going and you don't want to know what they are or any part of it.. Run the other direction.. and don't answer anything.. yes for sure some sort of scam crap going on. Wouldn't trust it.

@mistymoon77

If I were you, I would NEVER accept a third-party invitation. If mr. Wonderful wants to meet you, let him get his own account on Fitness Singles.

I've been on Fitness Singles for more than 2 months now, and my presence has not been acknowledged by anyone.

Scammer

"I know this looks weird but you may never know where true love could be coming from. "
A well known saying in NY is, "that's the fuck it! " it's a blaring red flag!
I know it looks weird but trust me sweet baby, I got love for you... Arrrggg.. Don't fall for that!

Send me his email!

@Cutiebeauty

It is a blaring red flag.

Here's his friend's email: colemelon7@gmail.com

Let me know what happens.

@LiterateHiker oh. My. Gosh... I've been in contact with this creep! Stay away! Scammer for sure! Eek!

@Cutiebeauty

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:468137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.