Agnostic.com

41 21

A question for you mathematicians.

How many communions must a Christian take part in before he/she has consumed an entire Jesus?

IndySent 7 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The answer is 34128.34. I was constipated when I started the calculation so I worked it out with a pencil.

This is just a hilarious question, I will hit "like" on this.

In theory one according to catholic religion. This was another of my questions to the priest that landed me in detention. I never got a detention for behavior just asking questions the nun thought was bad for the priest to answer.Also do not ask if they served salads !

Since a communion host isn't necessarily entirely made of Jesus, maybe just one atom in each host is Jesus. Otherwise it would taste too meaty. So, since the human body contains 10*27 (10 with 27 zeros) atoms, it would be a race to the end of the universe, time-wise, to eat an entire Jesus, if only one atom in each host was Jesus. Back of the envelope calculations.

43, 856.3. But that's just a wild guess. I just worked with mathematicians.

How'd u work that out ?

@SimonMorgan1 as stated, wild guess.

@Condor5 lol it only showed the number first time I saw it

@SimonMorgan1, bad habit I have of posting then immediately revising. Sorry about the confusion.

This is a very silly question to have attracted so many comments.

Transubstantiation (Latin: transsubstantiatio; Greek: μετουσίωσις metousiosis) is, according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the change of substance or essence by which the bread and wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that in the Eucharistic offering bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ.[1] The reaffirmation of this doctrine was expressed, using the word "transubstantiate", by the Fourth Council of the Lateran in 1215.[2][3] It was later challenged by various 14th century reformers—John Wycliffe in particular.[4]

The manner in which the change occurs, the Roman Catholic Church teaches, is a mystery: "The signs of bread and wine become, in a way surpassing understanding, the Body and Blood of Christ."[5]:1333 The precise terminology to be used to refer to the nature of the Eucharist, and its theological implications, has a contentious history especially in the Protestant Reformation.[6]

In the Greek Orthodox Church, the doctrine has been discussed under the term of metousiosis, coined as a direct loan-translation of transsubstantiatio in the 17th century. In Eastern Orthodoxy in general, the Sacred Mystery (Sacrament) of the Eucharist is more commonly discussed using alternative terms such as "trans-elementation" (μεταστοιχείωσις, metastoicheiosis), "re-ordination" (μεταρρύθμισις, metarrhythmisis), or simply "change" (μεταβολή, metabole).

I think the text says, from the New Testament, eat my flesh and drink my blood, and that many turned away from him that day. Then again at the Last Supper in the text, it says when they drank some wine, he said this is my blood shed for you and for all or many people, and do this in remembrance of me. And he took the bread and said this is my body. Apparently at some point, the apostles or early Christians, or at some point in religion or religious people started commemorateing all this with the communion ceremony.

One - its symbolic - the cracker represents his body, a sip of wine represents his blood. However silly this seems, this is what they believe

gater Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

infinity !!!

Rosh Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

you would have to know the weight of Jesus. Then all communion hosts would have to be standardized and I am not entirely sure that has happened

Hey, wait! You're missing something... while you are consuming tiny bits of jesus, there are thousands, nay, millions of xtians doing the same! Looks like he wouldn't last long. After the first communion way back when, xtians have been taking placebos!

Lol

I suck at math but if Jesus weighs 160lbs. and a single eucharist weighs 1/3oz then...well, this is where someone good at math needs to take over.

Jesus is a combination of mythologys that came before him. Horus of Egypt is one of them gods that came long before Christianity but bore identical traits to Jesus. Christian's Incorporated communion into their religion based on a ritual that goes even back before then, human sacrifices and cannibalistic rituals. Eat my flesh and drink my blood they must be insane.

I am not a mathematician but I promise to answer your question if you can work out the answer in your head to the following question in 2/3 steps. What is the first prime divisor to 2 power of 120 +1

You're stuck on research methodology, it looks like. Let me know if you have more questions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.