Agnostic.com

11 8

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who feels disappointed with the lack of meaningful, logical, science-based conversations here?
If I wanted to see silly stuff, I’ve got Facebook.

RoadGoddess 7 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you browsed under topics? There is a science one. Also specific groups, you can start one and see if attracts like minded individuals?

no your not

I'd really like to see more discussion about life, living, death, being human, human connection, human emotion... things that matter.

I'm not saying that science doesn't matter but I'm not a scientist and probably very few people here are either, so it would really just be opinions and repeating articles and news stories mostly. And its usually either a bunch of people agreeing with each other or an argument with people who disagree. But, that's just my personal view.

You are by no means the only one, @RoadGoddess! But are you looking for conversations about science itself, or conversations that have their basis in the scientific method? Either way, depending on the discipline, if you were to start one, as @AstralSmoke suggests, I would be game.

Why don't you start one?

I have joined some science based groups..and those posts are interesting. The conversation is limited though

Nope. Back when I joined, a little over two years ago (I think you were already here), there were some excellent discussions taking place - which is why I stayed. Now, those discussions seem to be few and far between and I'm wondering if I'll be here much longer.

It's possible, of course, that there are still some very good conversations taking place in the groups. The trouble is, if you're not a member of those groups you don't know about them - and why would you join a group unless you knew about them? I believe this is why several long-standing members have already wandered off, why so many new members don't stay - and why I've always argued groups have been very bad for this online community.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 15, 2020

I wish there was less ranting on and on about Trump, for one thing, and more in depth discussion about what's going behind the curtain.
He's the least of our problems, just a distracting clown, while the real dismantling of our democracy by the "vast right-wing conspiracy" is happening out of sight, out of mind.
Also, too much negativity in general, monotonous droning on about the obvious flaws in religion, and not enough of the freedom agnosticism gives a person to explore all the possibilities life has to offer.
The materialistic, reactionary atheists, who appear to just want to tear EVERYTHING down in a very close-minded, dogmatic way, seem to be hysterically vocal and dominate conversations, regardless of their actual numbers. Not ALL atheists, mind you, just the loudmouth know-it-alls.
Other than that, I really enjoy this community and look forward to it every day, being a rather reclusive, retired sort!

Not the only one!

There are different groups on here that do that a bit better

Silly, random and Fun comes up when I enter this site. Nothing much there for me.

twill Level 7 Mar 15, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:471046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.