Agnostic.com

5 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Though Russian culture and politics are, well ... unique, manipulation using religion/ideology is to be found worldwide, especially by authoritarian governments. It WAS a Russian, however, who nailed this relationship in a little book written about 100 years ago: “God and the State,” by Mikhail Bakunin, a leader in both the atheist and anarchist movements of his day.

Even under communism, the church elders received a paycheck.

I'm sorry. I thought the title said, "tranny"........I'll leave now..............

The Russian Orthodox Church has always supported tyranny in Russia - from he czars, to the Bolsheviks, to today's corrupt oligarchic authoritarianism.

Not much different than Evangelicals and Trump.

@Novelty I agree, but the problem is that you cannot get Trumpers to see this. They keep thinking there is something magical about this man and to prove it they start talking about someone else.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:471364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.