Agnostic.com

34 6

Do Atheiests/Agnostics Celebrate Easter?

Do you cellebrate Easter? I intend to abort chicken embryos and eat them. I used to boil them alive first, but now I scrambble them and get it over quick. Then I might slowly dismember a rabbit effigy made of chocolate. I do all the evil atheist stuff. So what do you do.

jeffy 7 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hang eggs on bushes, hide eggs for my grandson, buy chocolate and jelly beans. Put a few egg/bunny decorations around the house, and try to get the kids to come to my house for a nice meal. This year, nobody has time in their schedule to join me on Easter, so...oh well. Saves me from having to cook. No biggie.

Nothing special. I had an extra hour this morning with the end of daylight saving and I was hoping to put it to good use but it disappeared.

I am the family phtographer, besides I love the food, the family gathering where everyone actually shows up and watching the little one's hunt for eggs. So in a way I do celebrate the day but not the true meaning of the day. To me it's just the whole family getting together, same with X-Mass.

I think the family getting together is the true meaning, the rest is cheesy co-opting.

I don’t celebrate Easter but I am expected to participate in the family gathering. They just tried to guilt me into church in the morning and I succeeded to dodge that hell. ? I’m staying with my sister temporarily and she’s devout and the fearing for my soul type. It’s not easy to argue that I’m agnostic so don’t want to participate because I know it will really hurt her. She has a sweet demeanor so the guilt trip is some next level shit. ?

I'll probably celebrate it in what has become my own personal traditional manner by walking to the village shop and then standing there staring at the locked doors and wondering what's going on for five minutes or so before remembering that it is in fact Easter and so it's shut.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

Ha ha, I do that too!

I followed your recipe

My son used to receive a requested toy. I was never going to buy him more than a single chocolate bunny and gave him a choice.

My family always bought ridiculous amounts of candy we weren't allowed to eat.

I did church when I lived near my mom because I didn't want to have to listen to her crap. I just took a book to read. Usually the smuttiest sex book I could find. I learned passive-aggressive at an early age.

I don't celebrate it any more. I was off so I sept in and then went to the beach.

I will meet family aftr they have attend church for a family dinner.
I do if they deciede to pray excuess my self while they do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47431
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.