Agnostic.com

29 10

Friends trying to "save" me!!

So just wondering....Do any of you have friends or family who continuously try to "save" you by sending or giving you religious material, or sending highly religious cards with handwritten notes of God's message? Easter's a tough one!!! Ughhhhhhhh!! I have two very dear friends who do this to me all the time. They know my views very well. I find it to be rude and disrespectful of my belief system. Any advice on how to handle? It's beginning to make me angry ?

freetobeme9117 4 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You need saving from such friends, find other friends who can.
I get it a bit and I am getting quite assertive, I fake anger telling them they are condescending and belittling my beliefs.

That is a good one...and true!

I can ignore it if it happens once or twice, but continually is rude and offensive...but I don't think they generally see it thst way. If it bothers me I will come to a point where I say that we all have to decide for ourselves what makes sense in this world, that I respect their views on religion, but can they also need accept mine. I promise not to disrespect them or attempt to sway their views if they will do the same. I tell them that I don't need saved or for them to pray about me. Save their prayers for aomeone who truly needs them. If they have a kind, forgiving God he will see that I have been a good person in my life and forgive that I could not believe in blind faith...and if he doesn't, it's probably not somewhere I want to be anyway.

Actually I turn the tables on them.
Two Can Play That Game.
No need to get your blood pressure up over nonsense. Just think of it as a game.

First of all, I would say your response should be proportionate to how important these people are to you. Kindness is always a good option - but how? Perhaps have a sit down with each of the offenders and make your feelings clear = all the while expressing your appreciation for their concern.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47513
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.