Agnostic.com

18 12

I look like a bandit. Will people trust me with my face covered?

Last evening, I whipped up a face mask to wear while shopping. It was easy to make.

To eliminate air gaps, I captured floral wire inside black bias tape over my nose. Sewed tiny stitches over and over to stop the wire ends from poking through.

Pre-washed and dried the fabric so it's machine-washable. That's good because wearing a mask is hot.

How to Sew a Medical Mask with Ties

[video.search.yahoo.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You really don't look that scary. I'm a little more worried about myself, because I look kind of scary even without a mask.

Probably someone else has said this, but you look like a bank robber.

I think we should all be wearing masks in public now to prevent the spread of the virus

I have been busy sewing as well.

MizJ Level 8 Apr 1, 2020

I think a black veil would go well with it and serve to protect the rest of your face. 🤣🤣

soooo fashionable

Ok, so this guy is going to the bank tomorrow.

Maybe instead of T-shirts Agnostic should give masks with the Agnostic Logo. I would take one.

Shock everyone by using a pair of your panties. Who cares if they think you're trustworthy or not? Most of this idiotic public wants to be ripped-off anyway.

@rainmanjr

The point is to protect me and others from the COVID-19 virus.

@LiterateHiker I realize that but this nation needs an enema. Go ahead and shock them.

If you had also worn a floral bonnet and boldly stated to anybody "If your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you," you would be my favorite person.

And finally we can go into a bank with a mask on.

I am planning to do that tomorrow, will let you know how I get on. LOL

@Fernapple If we don't hear from you it didn't go well?

May I suggest sewing a toothy smile onto it

I don't know, you look pretty scary......

The main question is "would they trust you without a mask on?"
By the way, in the interests of accuracy, next time you take a self portrait in a mirror, use photo editing to flip it horizontally.

You, I would trust.
Everyone else? Not so much.

These days people will understand what's up. Interestingly, in 2016, Natives and allies who were protecting the Missouri River from the Dakota Access Pipeline project covered their mouths & noses with bandannas to protect against mace & pepper spray used by the military forces that were hired by the oil company and the state to force Water Protectors, as we called ourselves, out of the pipeline path to allow construction. Since then, many states including South Dakota have tried passing laws outlawing face masks by protesters.

I think people will be thanking you. Be safe! Looks good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.