Agnostic.com

53 11

Why all the hate?

I realize not everyone here is filled with hate, resentments, etc., but it seems there is so much negativity and incredulity toward the topic of religion. Im not saying it isnt justified, but I am curious in everyone's experiences that have either led them to scoff and ridicule religion, or just simply walk away from it. Genuinely interested; happy to share my own experiences as well.😁

Brodney 4 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You first.

@Brodney thanks. There is always incredulity in religion if you are a non belliever, that is the definition of incredulity. Negativity, perhaps, but hate, never. We very much frown upon those who exploit others or those who are raving hypocrites and do not do as they preach.

Religion is very easy to ridicule even without trying that much, because most of what any religion has as dogma is so ridiculous that just pointing out the idiocy of it can only be interpreted as ridicule. We all here have walked away from religion in general otherwise why would you call yourself a non believer in religion. That being said, I must reiterate that I do not hate anybody, but I do despise religion's brainwashing of their followers.

It works like this...

"incredulity toward the topic of religion" Word forms: creeds

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    A creed is a set of beliefs, principles, or opinions that strongly influence the way people live or work.
    [formal]
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:479874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.