Agnostic.com

17 2

Have you ever: drank too much & made a fool of yourself?

Why not?

atheist 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh yes. Back in my "playing in a punk band" days, me and another guy drank tiquila shot for shot all night. I ended up consuming 55 shots AND the worm. I almost died. ?

What else does one do when one is pissed? (British English sense, not American English sense.)
I've even stripped off off completely in a disco when the DJ played the music from "The Full Monty." Luckily this was in the days before the ubiquitous smart phone and social media!!
With a friend we used to clamber over the roof of the local law courts at around 2am (only a 2 level building) to get into the central quadrangle. There we would pee into the fountain to show our contempt of court, then break out again.
Another time, we broke into the grounds of the Russian embassy and started to paint it red, before scarpering P.D.Q. when the alarm was raised. Just a few of my drunken escapades.

@atheist I had a misspent youth. That's what comes of being a wild, colonial boy. (Kenya born and bred.)
Elsewhere in the world I would have had a criminal record, I reckon.

Oh F yeah. My threshold is vanishing so hopefully stuff like the following will become a thing of the past. Some things become like truth serum for me. I'm too mooshy under the influence. For example:
This one makes me cringe... at a convention not long ago I had a couple beers in me and proceeded to hug and kiss on top of the head this uh, well known lady I've great admiration for in dog world. GAH I'm very grateful she put up with me.
/never again

Not drunk but another lifetime ago I was tripping on acid in some new boots @ a fetish party, heard a knock on the door, answered in my bra, panties, slammed said door in this idiot neighbor's face and proceeded to do a smart ass kick box move in too slippery heels on a wood floor. More than my ego was bruised, having landed on my wrist breaking it with my hip.
duhr I knew something was wrong when I couldn't open a cd... My friends were insisting "you need to go to the hospital!" But all I wanted after that was chicken soup. ....

Idon't drink, all for pro habition? Nothing good came from a bottle!

You've never had worchester sauce, have you?

There was this time when I ended the night wearing a girls thong after playing twister. There are pictures out there too! LOL. (New years party)

Another time I ended up taking a short nap in front of the car. My friends came outside and I was lying there and there was some strange dog lying next to me. Maybe my spirit animal, haha! As soon as they approached he took off.

I don't really drink like that any more, this was years ago. Now I have a couple beers and it's time for some napping!

??? I think you should post the pics!!

@AdorkableMe I seem to recall you falling over in a rosebush once. And lets not mention mardi gras!

@arnies point taken. Lol

Once I went to a party and I kept meeting people who told me about what a great time I was having at a party the previous week. I remember arriving at that previous party, but after that it was pretty foggy until I woke up, hungover.

Oh hell lol. Plenty of times. The worst was at a Preds game in Nashville. I got HAMMERED and jumped on the rail yelling at the refs for a bad call. Pissed my wife off. Cussed one of the attendants out. Left during the middle of the game and walked back to my car and passed out. Apparently I upset my wife so much that after the game was over, she said that if I wasn't in the car, she was going to leave me there.

Any drinker has made a fool of himself at least once. I drifted into a pattern to where my every drink was a double shot and I measured the drinks all the same. A lot of people never could tell if I was drunk or not.
A fatty liver and a few years later and my drinking changed drastically. I had 3 beers the other night. I have many times I do not drink, and times I want to drink like I used to just never works out. I have whiskey, vodka, and beer in the house right now and none of it thrills me today.

Absolutely. More than once.

Most recently, at the 2017 Endymion parade, I was up on a six or seven foot ladder, three sheets to the wind on Patron, hootin' and hollerin' for beads I did not truly want -- and fell off the ladder.

?That's always fun, NOT at all. Depending on what you did & how offensive the behaviors were, it could be funny ?(later, maybe MUCH LATER) Get your apologies ready!??

Emme Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

@atheist Right?! It WAS a good idea, at the time!?

Yup. I don’t do much drinking anymore

@atheist I just don’t enjoy it enough to put myself through it.

I can't be friends with anyone who hasn't.

@atheist Of that, I have no doubt! 😉

YEP.

Let me count the ways...

You mean since Wednesday?

@atheist There's a lovely Shelley Berman monologue on that. At least, I think it was Berman.

Apart from the throwing up part, no. But then again I don't embarass easily and have never done anything drunk I wouldn't do sober (apart from throwing up). Mind you I'll do some pretty outrageous things sober.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

@atheist I live in a small town, somebody would tell me, and in 20+ years only heard reports of things I did when I was sober.

Oh geez, lol, cheers?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.