Agnostic.com

24 9

If you could be a bird, what kind of bird would you choose?

Oh, to be a Violet Green Swallow! Love their soaring, swooping flight.

In the Fall, thousands of swallows gather for safety. Their synchronized flight is amazing.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pteranodon.

😀

Eek! Figures 😊😂😂

Engelbird Humperdinck? 😜

I cardinal. They're pretty and most people like to feed them.

Golden Eagle; beautiful, majestic, can glide for hours on the thermals barely flapping their wings, primary diet of fish, protected, at least until the orange dickweed rolled back protections. Everything about it is spectacular.

A humming bird...
I sing / hum much
I'm little
And I fly in all directions

😊🐦🐦

And who doesn't like hummingbirds? This was also my choice 🙂.

@Joanne yes, I see.. after a bat 😂😂

Palm cockatoo. Largest cockatoo in Australia, lives to 60 years in the wild. Vocabulary of at least thirty different call sounds. Tool users - males use sticks to drum on hollow branches to attract mates. Massive beak, massive bite strength, no real natural predators once they reach adulthood. Jet black plumage with crimson cheek patches.

And here's a picture...

A sexy chick.

A Snowy Owl, no second choices.

I have stood within three feet of one, spectacular birds, claws like needles, sleep all day.

A stork, they migrate so far and I aways liked to travel. Spend summer in Europe and winter in Africa, perfect.

A swan: mated for life, beautiful and mean as a snake.

Meaner if you piss them off. lol

@Surfpirate So true! And they are faster than you would think, even on foot.

@Spinliesel There are usually about a dozen of them out on the river in front of our house, they are very serene for the most part but every once in a while the bald eagle will cruise back and forth over top of them and they will slowly move closer together for safety. The eagle has never gone for one of them but he is definitely the alpha predator and even he won't try to take an adult swan.

@Surfpirate I used to take a shortcut to school through the castle park in Oldenburg. There were swans there year-round. They even had a little swan house. One time we annoyed them so much the parents of the little brood came after us. It was scary and very loud and we got a ticket from the police for disturbing the swans.

A wise owl.

Crow. I think I'm a tit bird now.

Crows are awesome; and quite intelligent.

Great question! Makes us dream about what we would want if we could have anything. Hummingbird is tempting because of their aerobatics, terns or geese for long distance travel (if you can fly, why not see the world?), corvids (crows and ravens) for intelligence and adaptability. I always hated pigeons crapping on my brickwork, but they are rugged survivors, learning how to thrive in cities. Owls are fascinating because of their silence; the sound of a gliding owl is nearly undetectable even in an anechoic chamber. Only problem with being an owl is that most varieties cannot tolerate getting wet, they have no oil in their feathers and get chilled very easily. Overall, I guess I'd pick the wily raven. Smart and resourceful.

A swan, they mate for life and have long necks. I've always wanted a longer neck.

An cardinal.

@freedom41

Cardinals are one thing I miss about living in Michigan. My heart soared seeing their brilliant flash of red in white snow.

Love this small painting of cardinals. On a first date, a man bought it for me after I said I love it.

A bat. Oh, wait! Bats are only birds in the bible 🙂. I would be a hummingbird. Who doesn't love hummingbirds? And I would eat from my favorite flower, the fuchsia.

Great question! So many good candidates it is hard to choose. But I do love the tree swallows that return to my property year after year. Their acrobatic flights are a joy to watch.

An owl.

MizJ Level 8 Apr 12, 2020

Turkey Buzzard or Black Buzzard. Just soar around heaven all day.

But you would have to eat dead animals. I think being an eagle would be better. Second place: crow or raven.

@WilliamFleming Eagles also eat carrion.

@WilliamFleming We humans also eat dead animals. I don't know of any humans who eat live ones. Since carrion is the normal diet of buzzards, what would be the problem since I would be a buzzard?
"If I was a beautiful Buzzard.
off to an old dead horse I would fly.
I would eat all the guts and corruption.
and for desert I'd have ass-hole pie".

@Joanne If I were an eagle I’d only eat fresh meat, newly caught. 🙂

And it would be your mating season right now for the next four weeks.

I'm a hummingbird so I get to drink lots of nectar; but--insects are also on the menu 😯.

@WilliamFleming, @jlynn37 Well, yes; but we tend to cook it rather than eat decaying flesh.

Raven ~ and fly back to the PNW ~

Varn Level 8 Apr 12, 2020

beautiful

I have always thought it would be great to travel the country as a Canada Goose. I know they eat slugs, but everything has a down side.

@dalefvictor

The Hidden Dangers of Goose Droppings

[goodbyegeese.net]

@LiterateHiker Thanks, I needed that like another head.

@LiterateHiker I'll be a crow or a raven then.

Hump bird

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 12, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:483691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.