Agnostic.com

9 1

Easter movie?

I'm looking for a movie suggestion for tonight.
I'm kinda deep in the jungle here, and cannot stream, so I'm limited to what I have in my DVD collection. I recently watched Life of Brian, so that's out. Just for giggles, what's your choice?

• 12 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 7 votes
Ludo 7 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't like Kevin Smith, but "Dogma" was very good. I'd recommend Bill Maher's "Religulous" for that sensible movie diet.

Not familiar with any of them sorry

if you are in a jungle there are better things to observe and watch than movies the sunset, the rain, mosquites bugs, creature, bats and snakes and many more !!

Rosh Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

@Rosh, The sun has set, the rain has finally stopped, we don't have bats, and I have enough mosquito bites. It's movie time!

@Ludo awesome

Ben Hur. The 1959 original. Still an amazing film. All done with real sets, thousands of extras and real stunts, one of which actually killed someone.

Alas, I don't have that one in my collection. It is a great film. Can't wait for Hawaiian Telecom to get the fiber optic cable down my street so I can stream.
Mahalo

@ludo public libraries typically have DVD collections. You might be challenged in having a device that can still play DVDs though. I have one PC left that has a drive.

@jperlow , I have a DVD player. It's not a dead medium yet!
I really should check out the library. Cheaper than Netflix!

The Life of Brian is one of my all time favourites and the whole movie can be viewed on Youtube. See the following lnik.

Now that's what I call an Easter movie. He's not the Messiah, he's just a very mythological figure.

@Astralmax, mine too! I have the Holy Trinity collection; Holy Grill, Life of Brian, and Meaning of Life. I watched Brian on Good Friday, the most inappropriately named holiday EVAH.

2001 John Kani, Jan Ellis, Liesel Van Der Merwe South African movie "Freedom Fighter". A classic "I believe in white supremacy because someone told me that black people do not go to heaven because it was written in the bible that they don't and I never checked the bible out". Overcoming his cognitive dissonance the "let's commit genocide swastica carrying" grandson of an executed African Boer turns to reconciliation and love of his country to find a better way than total genocide of the blacks to allow the whites to solely inhabit the country.

Mahalo @FrayedBear. I'll have to check it out. Sound powerful.

Is there any way that you have a copy of Blazing Saddles? That seems like a good Easter movie to me.

Alas, no. It is one of my faves.

I own, "Dogma." I saw, "Constantine" a long time ago.

Edited: I own it. Oops.

Dogma & Life of Brian!

Tho I know you watched the latter. Constantine is a neat movie, but not really Easter, tho that really doesn't make a difference.

I like Dogma and anything Monty Python. Run AWAY!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48430
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.