Agnostic.com

22 0

The Antidote

When you are in a horrible mood, what can you do to flip it? Do you have an antidote?

JylJo 4 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't have an antodote,
I am so rarely in a bad mood.
I guess I probably sit down and enjoy the experience and work out what made me angry.
Then I have to work out how to dispose of the bodies.

go for a walk in the woods or the beach and meditate to the sounds of waves or a stream

Rosh Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

Read a book. Ride my bike. Walk in the woods Visit a pub with really good food and craft beers.

Get on agnostic.com. Get outside if its warm.

I use some sound waves that impact the area of the brain for mood. I eat chocolate.

Step away from the problem completely

Weed and playing music. Sex works, but is not as readily available.

@Sticks48, you're my kinda guy.

@JylJo Your too kind.🙂

@JylJo That would be you're too kind. Oops!

Yeah, music usually does it for me too. But I do have to be careful what music that is. The wrong choice can just make a bad situation worse...

It's super hard for me to be mad or sad if there are babies laughing hysterically, baby goats in pajamas or seeing pictures of Tuna. So it's a quick youtube or instagram break.

Ps. If you are wondering who Tuna is search Tuna melts my heart on FB or Instagram. 🙂

There is nothing like the laughter of a baby unless it happens out of the blue at 3 AM.

Yes, if it's legal where you live..otherwise, there's CBD oil..usually legal in most places.

Otherwise, I get outside for a long walk.

Smoking CBD has worked for my family member better than any meds for depression and anxiety he has tried. I have tried it. No psychotropic effect( not that there’s anything wrong with that)?

Wow, I guess I have to go through the day like that until I sleep it off. The chemicals involved... There’s also someone that somehow stimulates me enough to alter my moods.

Being present, anything upsetting you is either ruminating of a past you can’t change or a future that hasn’t happened. Focusing on your breath is one way to bring your mind to the present, where nothing is wrong. The actual practice of this is to continually bring your thoughts back to the present because your mind will wander, bringing it back is the practice, nothing is wrong... helps me. I use a meditation app and find it very useful.

If I'm sad, especially if I'm crying, I have some weed. A couple hits off a sativa vape and I'm able to think past my emotions. If I'm angry, I go to the gym and lift heavier than I usually do. That burns off the energy and calms me down.

Mindfulness meditation. Try the headspace app. It’s secular.

If I'm down; watch a funny movie, something like Anger Management or get out of my comfort zone. Go for a walk, sing or pamper myself with a pedicure. If I'm cross sometimes; some strident music and exercise or housework, to get rid of the extra energy!

Tylenol May Do the Trick
[psychologicalscience.org]

cava Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

The blues fixes my blues, rage, general horneriness. Especially Son House and Bukka White. I used to knit and spin, but believe me, the yarn I spun was way too tight and only good to bind stuff with.

Yep. Horrible mood is toxic, is poison to you. Negative thoughts should never be in your head. Nothing is that important.

There is usually a reason for being in a horrible mood. Some problem in your life that you are wrestling with, or an issue you can't resolve. Distracting yourself with various activities (as has been suggested already) is one way to at least temporarily dispel your mood, but resolving the issue(s) is the real fix. IMO

First, I have to recognize that I am in such a mood. Next, I have to decide if I want to change it. Then, I have to focus my mind to a positive place while my eyes are closed and I breathe deeply. OR I just make up my mind to get the heck out of that place. It's definitely mind over mood for me.

Nope. I don't have a nanny goat. Oops! I read that wrong. Sorry.

Step outside myself and observe a primate wearing the lowly stamp of his origin and it looks silly and pointless. Usually cheers me up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.