Agnostic.com

10 12

LINK Nonedecision 2020: 5 Reasons Secular Americans are Poised to become Major Force in US Politics - TheHumanist.com

One of the demographic aspects of the nones (Americans who answer “atheist,” “agnostic,” or “nothing in particular” when asked their religious affiliation) that’s been well covered in the media is how the group’s growth is fueled by young people, particularly those under the age of thirty. What’s not necessarily known is how much younger secular Americans are compared to religious Americans.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I doubt it will happen soon. It could be that the way this administration has shown the fundamentalists to be the fools they are may help though.

gearl Level 8 Apr 25, 2020

I vote green party, only law and or religion I can understand.
Why vote between two evils? Or don't vote.

Most atheists and agnostics seem to have simply replaced their sky daddy god, with a new god called government.

I call them statetheists.

Appalling.

SCal Level 7 Apr 22, 2020

The only true God, is the Government. Still not my God.

Hopefully the conservative religious right wing will continue to influence American elections for the foreseeable future as they are a far lessor evil to the left wing atheist who are trying to take over the country. This website is a good example of the sharply radical leftist beliefs of most of the atheist unfortunately.

Yes, strongly left, also because the right are strongly religious.

Is anyone here voting for biden ?
I still haven't been able to talk myself into that. He just really doesn't have my values.

Yes, I am voting for Biden. He is the one who will be running against Trump. That's all that matters.

He doesn't, but he isn't Drumpf, and for that he has my vote. I'd vote for an aphid if it meant not voting for Drumpf.

I'm trying really hard to talk myself into it. I'm very upset about the Dem. primary. I didn't even get a chance to vote and the whole thing was over. I remember that Biden was the "establishment" guy brought on as Obama's VP to smooth out the ticket. He was the punchline in all the "buddy Obama & Joe" memes. I didn't even bother to look into his record when he began his 2020 run. Who wanted this guy?

@EliLoehrke I also didn't pay attention to him.. he really is horrible

Really. You can't bring yourself to Vote for Biden in order to stop Trump getting back in. So What are your Values. TRUMP Values...what the hell are they. If the Dems put up a donkey against Trump, you should vote for the donkey. A donkey would do a better job than Trump.

Let's hope they are correct.

Alright! Kicking ass with the ages that are least likely to vote. Now I'm starting to understand how Bernie feels.

Thanks for the link. I have read the article in the Humanist but it was good to read it again. I actually gave up religion and became more involved with social groups at the same time.

I always vote. If there is nobody that I really want to vote for, there is always somebody that I want to vote against. If you have to, choose the lesser of two evils, but we've got to vote.

That is why I vote for Cthulhu, why vote for the lesser evil?

Nice article. Though they may have to wait for more millenials to see true power. They get a bad rap, but the millenials I've met are only stupid because of their parents sheltering them. They actually have a good head on their shoulders and are champing at the bit to make change. My generation couldn't. Gen X either became like the Baby Boomers who are the one's running everything right now, and they sold out in the eighties, or they detached from a society that has nothing for them (me & my kind). Now the Boomers are dying and retiring, so millenials have to steal this country back before the Gen X'ers who've sold out take over. Sweet revenge as their parents, the ones who gave them play dates and trophies for showing up, are the Gen X'ers who sold out....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.