Agnostic.com

6 3

Anyone else sick of seeing Bill Gates on this virus?

Who is Bill Gates? First Generation Techno Robber Barron, that's who. A guy whose company, Microsoft, which he stayed with until he ran out of pinching other people's ideas, is one of the ethically worst companies in US history. His 'Foundation' has come under scrutiny for unscrupulous practices, to say the least, like most of these rich asshole Foundations. But here he is, being pandered to by mainstream media, like he's some kind of guru or expert. Why? Because he's rich. He got rich by being a business shonk. In the US it seems it doesn't matter how you get rich, only that you are rich and must be grovelled to.

Before the virus, it was grating enough to see articles like, "20 books you must read before you die, according to Bill Gates." Like, who gives a flying hump what Gates reads? Now he's an expert on anything virus. What a joke.

David1955 8 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jeeeeeeeeesus! Bad case of the nasties today?

Every foundation comes under scrutiny. It sounds like you've got a personal problem with Bill Gates.

Aaaannnd he & his wife have showered their wealth on the less fortunate for decades now. He is trying to help....... What, you prefer drump speaking? Here's a syringe of Clorox for you.......

The only thing I've heard lately about Gates is the conspiracy theory that he engineered the Covid-19 pandemic. If you don't think Gates has enough power and wealth, you might be stupid enough to believe it.

You've heard? About a conspiracy theory? Haven't you learned anything here at this site?

@altschmerz I saw a meme recently. "Australia got the convicts, America got the religious. Australia got the better deal". Like anything it's a gross generalisation but I do think Australia's roots have made many of us distrustful of authority, irreverent and skeptical. This site has caused me to reflect on my own generalisations of Americans and I love the critical thinkers here. But still I see from comments people impressed by people who have wealth they are morally unintitled to.

His wife's foundation has been saving lives in Africa for decades. Try shitting on someone who deserves it. He has started and built hospitals and research on cancer. What is your problem again?

I look behind the headlines. You should try it. And,by the way, billionaire largesse, fueled by tax breaks, deductions, and linked Foundation financial reciprocity, is no substitute for for fair taxation and real social justice.

@David1955 Facts? I live in Washington. I'm his age. I've been following him for forty years. So you are making up the headlines?

Bill Gates the richest person in the world......more money than some countries......is into philanthropy? That is the biggest piss-take I have ever heard. NO ONE, No ONE person should have that obscene amount of money. By all means, those who are enterprising and hard-working, should get rewarded, but they should also be taxed more so the money is distributed equitably.

And I have absolutely no time for people who blow their own trumpet! "oh look at me! I'm so fucking generous to all you filthy peasants". If he wasn't such a bland character I'd think he was straight from Charles Dicken's.

I have been a Linux user since the 90's, but I give lots of credit to the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation for what they are doing now.

. . . just how many billions did Warren Buffet give to it ?

Where are your reliable sources for : "has come under scrutiny for unscrupulous practices" ?

@David1955 . . . scrutiny from 2015,16. Any actual negative repercussions from this "scrutiny" ?

@FearlessFly What world are you living in where there are repercussions for rich elites and their schemes and foundations? Really?

@David1955 Give it up David. There are some Americans that still believe in the Great American Dream Myth and that those that actually achieve it are there by the grace of god! Fuck me sideways!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.