Agnostic.com

5 6

I thought I was having a great day today until I knocked my Burr coffee grinder in the floor and broke the bean holder when I was cleaning the cabinet. Then I got out the vacumn hose for my Built-in vacuum and vacuumed it all up. I thought it would be a good idea to vacuum under a bookcase nearby while I was at it. The vacuum found a ball the cat had been playing with. The ball wedged about 2" down and it took me at least 30 minutes to pry it out.

I decided it was time for outdoor work. I went outside climbed on my riding mower and started mowing away. There was a hidden stick in a pile of leaves and the combination knocked the belt of my mower . I put the mower back in the shop and got out the push mower and successfully mowed all the trim that I can't get to with the rider without any mishap.

My social distancing girlfriend who works from home came by with her to Shitzus. I poured her a glass of wine in promptly knocked it in her lap. My new cat licked some of it off the floor but didn't act any different afterwards.

She was proud to tell me that she did a 20 minute workout before she started work this morning and I told her my Facebook memory said that four years ago I planked for 60 seconds but doubt that I could plank for 2 seconds anymore.
She encouraged me to try and I was in shock because I lasted 15 seconds with two Shitzus biting my hair and licking my ear.

We fiddled for quite a while with my thermocell mosquito repellent lamps and finally got them working and then she went home.

I think I will stay in bed as long as possible to morrow to avoid as many mishaps as possible. I sincerely hope my agnostic friends had less eventful days than I did.

Lorajay 9 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Staying in bed all day is an option highly deserved for surviving life as it is thrown at us over many decades. It is called "retired".

Did you even get coffee????? The reseason i don't have a burr grinder is literally because i don't want to be the author of a post like this. I know from experience that i just shouldn't spend more than $20 on something that ill be touching every day jn the morning Btw i have a stainless steel french press at least. And a back up krups grinder for the day this one dies.

Side note, don't know about the palatability of wine coolers, but as far as thjngs that come in single srvre bottles, there are some good ciders out there. If youre not a fan of sweet, recommend Angry Orchard Granny Smith or extra dry, or if you have a trader joes near you, their brand is decent too.

I was smart enough to go with the stainless steel French press from the very beginning. It is supposed to be thermal but it doesn't keep anything hot very long.

My grinder has survived for 3 years with every morning use. It was an afternoon deep cleaning when it met its fate.

I found my grinder at Tuesday Morning for 35 but now they're 60. I can use the old one for a month by holding the bean cone while it is grinding while I look for another bargain.

I forgot to respond to your recommendation for wine. For one thing I bet I can knock over a bottle just as easily as a glass .I do like my wine dry and anything tastes better in wine glass.

I have one or two tiny fetishes. One of them is the fact that I cannot drink out of a can. For some reason my throat closes up when I try it.

I do appreciate your very practical comments . I would be a lot better off if I were more practical too.

Yes Indeed. Some days we should just stay in bed.

Some days it just doesn’t pay to get out of bed at all! 😁 Sure hope tomorrow brings more ups than downs and I might skip doing laundry running the dishwasher washer just in case it’s a two day spell!

It was the coffee grinder. If you can't get a good cup of coffee you might as well go back to bed because the day is going to be screwed πŸ˜ƒ

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:490019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.