Agnostic.com

2 1

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin -- What do you think about what NSO is doing ?

NSO Group Pitched Phone Hacking Tech to American Police

A brochure and emails obtained by Motherboard show how Westbridge, the U.S. arm of NSO, wanted U.S. cops to buy a tool called Phantom.

[vice.com]

FearlessFly 9 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wtf is nso?

The very FIRST sentence of the article :

"NSO Group, the surveillance vendor best known for selling hacking technology to authoritarian governments . . ."

😮

@FearlessFly Didn’t bother with the link.

@indirect76 . . . that was blindingly obvious. 😛

No one is volunteering to give up liberty ... it is just being stolen.

. . . IMO, everyone on FB is giving up liberty (privacy). 😛

@FearlessFly Yeah I am not very active on FB, just minimally so mainly because it's the only way I'd ever know very much about what's going on in my daughter's life as she interacts with everyone from FB. Were it not for her I'd suspend my account, and may anyway. I have a couple of Twitter accounts, one of which I am totally anonymous on, but they exist mainly as news feeds / aggregators really.

@mordant If you use the internet in any way, you are giving up your privacy, but you also give up your privacy in many ways not using the internet. It is built into the system.

@jlynn37 . . . it is not easy, but there are ways to limit tracking -- TOR, VPN, Startpage, private browser windows, randomize MAC addresses. etc.

@jlynn37 yup, there is tit for tat. Nor one without the other, seems it much requires more balance maintaing balance, ha. Lol the edge is always active...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.