Agnostic.com

55 4

Do you love to hike?

Do you like to go hiking? If so how often do you go?

• 19 votes
  • 44 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 5 votes
Terohime 5 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My one New Years resolution was to visit at least one State or National park a month.

Haven't had the tiime or SO that would do it with me... but I love when In can and look forward to it in the near future....

MikaB Level 5 Apr 4, 2018

Honestly, it's less than once a week more like once in a while, but I love the adventure anytime I go.

I do actually, and I also love kayaking, canoeing, fishing, camping, and reading, but I work 12 hour days, so unless you consider two - four mile walks near home as hiking; I do it less often than any of your options.

JimG Level 8 Apr 4, 2018

i chose at least 3 times a week, because when i was healthy thats how it was. now i have 2 take it a bit easier, but since i hope 2 get there again soon, this is what i chose lol

Byrd Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

I love hiking. Have done many, but not recently so your poll is inaccurate for me. Would love to do more!

I love to hike when I can... I don't get to hike as often as I used to... I'd like to go on a hike with you!

What's the difference between a hike and a walk?

for me a walk is something I don't have to carry special gear and food for but thats just me

I would say a walk is around your neighborhood or at a gym or track and a hike is on a trail in a natural area.

I enjoy camping and I spend my days at the campground hiking trails every day before noon and again after 4pm. I used to hike 10-15 miles a day camping now down to just 2-3 miles per day (thus proving that age is more than just a number). I do take a walk every day in my neighborhood.

sounds like you are doing great

@btroje Life is good.

Breathing the air bring so much strength.

I was avid in my youth, did the AT in the 80's and have many fond memories hiking. I have not been hiking as I think of hiking in many years, I have been for walks.
I LOVE nature and wilderness, and having spent much of my life in it, have no illusions it loves me in return.

@Shelton I did it backwards from Kathadin in Maine (home) south to Ga

@Davesnothere a dream of mine. My cousin and his wife did this last summer

@Shelton Well I was once upon a time lol

I don't hike, but that's only because nobody's found a way to do so while using a parasol. I'm one of those people who burns bright red in about five minutes, even with sunscreen. If I cover up with clothing, I overheat. Sad, really, because I like the outdoors.

I feel your pain! I am the same way. I love the thought of beaches, but the memory of sunburns keeps me away.

do you use zinc sunscreen?

I love to hike, but there's no one who wants to go with me.

If you and I lived close so we could meet, we would go dancing, hiking and perhaps other activities whenever we could.

@jlynn37 I wish. No atheists/agnostics are around me in the GoG. (Garden of The Gods area)

At least every 2nd day, though as often as not at night. Days can be too hot.

I like to hike up my leg.

I absolutely love to hike. I want to hike the APPALACHIAN TRAIL one more time. I want to hike the whole trail once more. I just need a group that has the time to go along.

The moment I can save the cash (probably never 😟 ). Of the two items on my bucket list the Appalachian trail is number 1.

I like to hike, used to hike regularly with my family back home. These days, I never have the time, but I'll probably take it up again eventually

So, I love hiking, but I don't have much opportunity to do it right now what with college

Hiking from class to class

@NothinnXpreVails pretty much!

Hiking is what I yearn for. If it doesn't help to feed you, warm you, or warm your food and you, it's unnecessary.

Once weekly

godef Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

I have hiked in the past and will so so again. Your poll is lacking the option I need.

5 days a week, carrying cumbersome gps unit, wood, machetes, phone...

Is there an option for, 'I love to hike but I live in boring, flat Ohio so my options are limited'? That's the option I need. Hiking in New Zealand is the most amazing experience I've had, though. 10/10 Would recommend.

Not sure where you are in Ohio but if you are southwest red river gorge is not far and it’s amazing!

@Happyone I'm Northwest, but definitely willing to travel and check it out!

Real hiking, or just wandering around? I prefer to stroll through the woods, off the path at a nice leisurely pace, but I'm not too interested in difficult terrain or calling upon my non-existent boyscout skills.

I like it but I do it maybe every few years because of my physical disability

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.