Agnostic.com

9 19

LINK America's Wet Markets -- Bill Maher

Many good and valid points.

snytiger6 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This, like the banning of trans fats, will likely be one of the things that the government would need to force on us rather than everyone choosing it individually. It's very hard to pick up meat that's way more expensive that looks and tastes identical. Especially when you really have no guarantee it also doesn't have some horrible things of its own or is any better in the long run. It's the same way most people won't stop shopping at Walmart, or buy conflict-free coffee and chocolate. Not many people have the fortitude, much less then money, to do all the things the way you SHOULD do them. Hell, we've know for how long how incredibly bad smoking is and people go right along and smoke.

Bill is exactly correct. Greed for money causes this and the Kochs, Mercers, et al want the highest dollar profits. We are helping to cause the diseases. It has been known to kill us and it is getting worse. Wake up people.

Wet markets and factory farmers of animals is creating a toxic wonderland around those farms.

Factory farms are filthy, diseases prone places, with the overt use of antibiotics, growth hormones, and pesticides!!!

We are eating genetically and chemically enhanced food, we are being saturated with these additives, preservatives, and plastics!!!

We can try to stop eating as much or boycott these genetic and chemically enhance foods, the problem is it may be too late, especially for our children and their children!!!

If trump uses the war power acts to keep the meat industry open and the factory farms from slaughtering those creatures, one must wonder why???

This all comes right back to us individuals. Too many don't want to know the facts because they might have to make a change. Well, change will come even faster if we don't take positive steps. It is said either we make the change willingly or it will be made for us and we will have no choice. Thing is, this change will not only be better but our lives will also improve. Thank you Bill, lets keep thins conversation alive. PS I feel the same way about "Tiger King."

Not a big Maher fan, but I do agree with him on this. The large food industry is horrendous.

One little correction: captive tigers are not considered endangered and they are not protected. They are regulated under the USDA, and treated essentially like livestock. State laws do vary though.

As ever, Bill speaks truth to power. I've always enjoyed his perspective and thoroughly understand where he's coming from.

Pompey Level 6 June 13, 2020

I agree with him totally.

I just can't be a vegan or a vegetarian. I've got enough in my life to deal with, such as pain, depression, and PTSD. Yes it would be better if animals were raised on small farms.

You don't have to become vegan, how about you just don't eat meat every day and you get that meat from organic places.

Not sure if you know this-meat causes inflammation, the trigger for pain, and can cause depression. Some food for thought (no pun intended) [nutritionfacts.org]

Did you ever consider that eating meat may be contributing to your problems, not alleviating them?

Have you seen clinical studies that establish that eating meat causes arthritis, copd, and PTSD? Show them to me if you have.

@Theresa_N I did question how rigorous you considered your reasoning to be, but I felt your reply challenging me to prove it wrong was a little combative. Maybe it wasn't meant that way, but this is the internet. I'm not really in the business of doing other people's research for them, but since you ask: [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Gotta love Bill Maher. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:505681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.