Agnostic.com

8 6

[allthatsinteresting.com]

Did you know that over 10,000 former Confederate soldiers left the US and emigrated to Brazil because they could not tolerate losing the war over slavery??? New history to me. Fascinating.

sassygirl3869 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Confederates invaded Canada with a small force hoping to provoke Canada to attack the Yankees

Nope. I did not know that.

Fuckers. I'd never heard of that before either!

New American history!

It was the last place they could go and still hide or buy land with the money they had and run it anyway they wanted.

Lots of Nazi's left Germany to go to Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. Seems South America attracts the dregs of civilization.

Yeah my son posted on Facebook

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2020

Interesting, I had read something about it many years ago, but it didn't make an impression.

I'm surprised they didn't go to Argentina like their Nazi buddies did a couple of generations later. Slavery was still legal in Brazil at that time, and the poor old boys couldn't operate without slave labor. Just too bad more of them didn't go down there. Also explains why their current leader is trying to be a Trump copy cat I guess. The Confederato's don't fall far from the tree!

Some did go to Argentina if you read the article.

@sassygirl3869 I just read through it again, I don't see anywhere that Argentina is mentioned. Hondura, Mexico and Egypt are mentioned as destination for the Confederates.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507634
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.