Agnostic.com

57 12

I guess my question is why does God not want me. That is really how I feel is that as much as I hate God he hates me and I want to know why. I want to know why I have to be alone almost all of the time, I want to know why I have a husband who’s life is more important than mine, I want to know why I do not have friends. I feel like if there was a God loved me I would have some thing. I would not of been ignored by my Family. I would feel love from God and other people and all I feel is isolation and loneliness. So another question why am I here? Does God put people here to suffer? I think so no I am sure of it

Dead 5 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (51 - 57)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First they say that "god" is a loving god . . . . yet you are not feeling loved . . . . you should understand a lie when you hear it, based on your experience, it really is as simple as that . . . . there is no verifiable evidence that god exists. The parasites have strong motives to continue the lie though . . . power and money. It is simple to understand, not complicated or obscure, you just have to face the facts.

Leslie, I respect your opinion and can understand why you feel that way. Alot of bad happens everyday under the watchful eye of an "all loving" god, doesn't it? I'm here if you want to talk. No judgement. You are welcome to send me a private message anytime as well.

I strongly advocate that you join our group: "Mental Health Support "

There are folks there that might be able to help you. We have other people who are home bound etc.. They might be aware of things that have helped them - that might also help you.

That's one of the things I love about the internet - you can almost always find someone who has been where you are - who might have one bit of advice for you to follow that might get you started down a path that helps you along.

Also in focusing in on discussions with other people - it reveals to ourselves what is most important to change.

Because "God" (if it exists) expects you to deal with your own problems. It's God, not your celestial babysitter. It gave you a brain and freewill, use it. Quit waiting for It to handle your problems. Your human parents expect you to act like an adult and deal with your problems like an adult, why wouldn't "God".

I know that probably sounds harsh and argumentative, and I apologize. But one of my pet peeves about religion is the belief that God is supposed to act like your daddy and take care of you.

Maybe that is the point. You deal with your issues, you figure out how to build and maintain basic ethics. Maybe the real test is if you can stay an ethical person who doesn't harm anyone, avoids aggressive or selfish behavior, and can avoid being a jerk, You can join It in some semblance of an afterlife. Assholes don't get to heaven. Maybe, "God" wants intelligent, independent, ethical companions, not dependents.

That is, of course, if there even if there is such a being. So, that is all hypothetical. And, it is what I would want if I were a god.

You have no Clue about Mental health issues.

First and foremost you must stop believing In god and work from there .This belief is preventing you from reaching the next step in your mental health Issues.

Don't forget the most important person in your life "yourself". You and only you decided how do you need you and how much love yourself. Don't hate yourself. Find positive ways to cheer up yourself.

@Leslie00 I'm living with my beautiful self at my home but what it helps me is to know what are my priorities. If you have time maybe you can use it to read and look for ways to help yourself. Thanks for sharing your story and by sharing it it's like you just started to look for help.

[babcp.com]

[google.com]

[google.com]

I mean if it hates you in your mind then you must still believe in it

redhog Level 7 June 27, 2020

@Leslie00 well getting rid of any belief in God will help you toward that end. You'll never find happiness as long as you're trying to please a figment of your imagination.

@Leslie00 Can you try and find a hobby or passion or cause to give your life meaning? I have been unemployed since covid state of emergency hit my area (March) and felt useless and like if I died, who would care? But then I found a group online devoted to helping others less fortunate and struggling. And it is through helping others, so far just financially and with information and resources (I am good at research) that I have found meaning and purpose again.

For you it may be something else. Gardening. Cooking. Sewing. Building. DIY home projects. Crafting. Painting. Singing. Playing music. Going on hikes. SOMETHING must bring you happiness or contentment in life. It is up to you now to put in the time to find that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.