Agnostic.com

4 0

Racism and Religion.

Is there any correlation between racism and religion? I am kinda naive about it. Just want to explore this topic.

Arvind 2 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello and welcome, do enjoy the site.

They both come from the same basic failing which is laziness. Both are ideologies which offer simple easy to understand answers to nearly everything you are likely to have a problem with, and therefore save the effort of have to address each problem individually.

That is true:

Sin problem? No problem, ...cut of your hands and rip out your eyes. - Matthew 5:29-30

Religion... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

According to biblical text religion does not state anything about being biased or racist when helping those in need or avoiding worldly corruption.

Word Level 8 June 29, 2020

Not true: Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” - Matthew 15:24

Why are you using the Bible to justify itself?

@nogod4me you must have my post confused with another post. Your comment has nothing to do with the biblical defination of religion and nothing to do with the bible justification of itself in regards to biblical defination of religion having nothing to do with racism.

@Word Who cares what the biblical definition of religion is, it is a biased source itself.

A racist god, sending a "savior" for one race. You must be a believer.

@nogod4me Do you think I am A believer in the style of The monkeys

Or, in the style of Smash mouth

@Word You have already posted those 2 clips before as your answer. It didn't work then either.

They are two of the worst forms of ignorance, based on BELIEFS and rooted in fear.

"The fanatic is perpetually incomplete and insecure. He cannot generate self-assurance out of his individual resources - out of his rejected self - but finds it only by clinging passionately to whatever support he happens to embrace. This passionate attachment is the essence of his blind devotion and religiosity, and he sees in it the source of all virtue and strength - He easily sees himself as the supporter and defender of the holy cause to which he clings. And he is ready to sacrifice his life." - Eric Hoffer

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.