Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Pandemic, Public Health, And The Police Power: A Quick Sketch Of Why States Can Require Wearing Masks In Public | Above the Law

Wear the mask. Not only because it’s better to be safe than sorry, but because, yes, your state has the right to require you to wear a mask during a pandemic. The states’ power to establish and enforce laws to protect the public welfare, safety, and health, commonly known as the police power, is supported by the Tenth Amendment. While the Constitution has been amended in countless ways since its execution, the police power as it relates to public health has been largely untouched by later construction.

HippieChick58 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm betting most of the dudes that are bellyaching about wearing face masks, have no problem with helmet and goggles regulations on a work-site, or respirators to shield from toxic fumes. Just put the freakin' masks on.

TO_BY Level 7 June 30, 2020

Living in society (as opposed to a cave in the hills) presupposes having to do things for the good of all...for example, stopping at red lights.
Thisis a Public Health/good of all issue, and and supercedes your right to be a menace!

The extreme right adopts such an degree of individualism that it approaches anarchy

I wholeheartedly agree.
Compliance and enforcement seem to be problematic. 😛

If I see someone not wearing a mask in a store, as is thankfully required here , or IMO worse, wearing it below their nose, I use my Outdoor Voice to call them on it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510881
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.