Agnostic.com

18 3

Here's the question of the day! Does anyone even use this site as a dating site?

I love this site, but I have to admit, I have yet to see a single topic about romantic matters, it's kinda funny when you think about how this site advertises itself.

MarcO 5 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It might be a good dating sight for truck drivers or pilots or flight attendants or TTennessee's Athletics Director

Initially, I joined with the dubious mindset of only looking for a like-minded woman to date. At this time, I'm more interested in just finding friends as I'm working on building a relationship with someone.

I do check about once a week to see if the site hs grown to a point where anyone here lives a reasonable distance from where I live. Until the site grows more, the "dating" aspect of the site really won't be actually useful.

I notice a lot of comments on this thread agreeing that the number of other members in their area is a bit sparse. As already noted the site is young and as membership grows these opportunities may improve. I'm nearly non-existent on the mainstream social media platforms but perhaps it would help if there were share buttons at the bottom of each thread so you could help promote and grow the membership of agnostic.com on FB, Twitter Google+ etc. Sharing relevant content is the easiest way to promote genuine growth without shilling or coercion. This only occurred to me as I do use Google+ and would (will) post a link to this thread to help spawn some interest. The social media sharing buttons make this process easy and intuitive. Couldn't be to complex of a mod.

Depends whose asking baby 😉 lol

Originally I came to this site for dating. I like this site until someone disagrees with me (😉). I enjoy 'talking' with people on here. And, I'm not so into romantic. So, I use this site for dating, but get distracted easily with some of the posts.

No you don't. 😛

@Skepticus Yes, I do!

an interesting question to be sure. I was originally intending to use it for that very purpose, but nobody even remotely close to me here.

I haven't seen many in my area, but if I traveled , I definitely see a lot of interesting people on this site.also, a lot of the ladies are pretty young..

I'm not looking to date (...very happily married), but if I was, you crowd of people would be the first place I'd look. The brain is the sexiest organ...

So true

Probably your right but for my case i just know this site through Google because i dnt have any idea what is Agnostic so research it! So i find interesting i join it ,and i learning now, to find my soulmate here is plus factor .For now im enjoying reading comment and questions !

I'm looking, but no one's near me. ????

I think that the main thing that makes dating on this site difficult, for the time being, is that the people on here are pretty dispersed. The other day I checked and the only person in my "immediate" area is in another state. I think that if more people join it will be better for dating. In the meantime this is a great place to talk with like minded people, something that I personally wanted more of.

They were plugging that they would be expanding the dating options in the site but not sure what that means. Also the issue of there being not a lot of people in geographic proximity.

I think so. Might be a good idea to have a profile picture for that when you directly message someone.

Hah, says the guy without a profile pic.

The dating aspects of the site are optional.

I joined for the community, and opted in for the dating as well.

I posted a few times about dating and my struggles to find people near me. Not many responses.

This site is new. It’s going through puberty. Haha.

Share the site in your other circles. Invite people to join.

I think a lot of us intended to date, however distribution of members is quite wide and thinly spread, we need more members.

Is this a dating site? I'm married, and just tired of religion. Especially this time of year. I like the format, but not looking to date. When I joined, I didn't see anything to suggest it was anything other than a community for agnostics.

Yep. It sure is.

it is what you make it

It has features that can be turned on, which are for dating interests.

Dating is an option. So is just being here to connect with other non-religious people.

Actually, I think it's brilliant. The format allows relationships to bloom more naturally, if they're going to happen. There's no personal pressure here to meet someone to date. Just great conversations. If something happens to develop out of that with a person from your area, then all the better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.