Agnostic.com

20 9

Wedding guests stripped Gro's garden without permission.

"They even ate all of my strawberries," Gro said sadly.

Last weekend, Gro and her husband hosted their 's outdoor wedding at their beautiful riverfront house in Leavenworth, WA. Thirty people attended, most in their 20s and early 30s.

Young adults refused to wear a mask, including the bride and groom. Gro and her husband wore a mask for everything but pictures.

"For the backyard reception, we rented a taco truck and and an ice cream truck," Gro said. "People loved it! During the reception, people wandered around my garden and stripped it. They ate everything. I didn't notice until after everyone left."

This is appalling. I would never pick, flowers, vegetables or fruit without the owner's permission.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I stopped at no masks...they'd have been sent home

I wouldn't have let then stay without a mask..

Rude for sure. And I would not have had the wedding if no one would were a mask.

Selfish badly brought up they are. Most of the 20s and 30s think that the virus will not get them either and they don't give a fig about grandma or grandpa or their parents.

I have a theory that humans are evolving into psychopaths...

Some people just don't see taking growing things as stealing, even though they may have involved more direct effort from the owner than things which are just bought.

A couple of year ago my friend and I visited a public garden in the next county. While we and several other people sat on some benches in plain sight, two women arrived and started to look at some flowers. They decided that they would like some for their own gardens. So since the plants were in seed they started to collect the seed in to their shopping bags. They did this by ripping the plants, ( which were still growing and flowering, ) up by their roots and tipped them upside down into their bags, then dropped the remains on the ground. They did this quite shamelessly in front of everyone.

Why did you not say something?

@Jolanta I was with my friend, who was frail and elderly, so I contented myself with pointing it out to one of the keepers later. Which was a bit of a feeble thing to do, I admit I should have made a fuss at the time. But you have to remember I am British, so I don't think it normal to talk to people without being introduced, let alone tell them what I think.

Wow! That was ecen worse behavior than the wedding guests.

@Fernapple You have to stop hiding behind being British, bad for you and everybody else.

It certainly sucks, to be sure. Now that it's done, try to put it behind you. I doubt you are likely to host another wedding reception anytime soon. So maybe think of it as an unexpected cost of the daughter's big day, and take care of those plants for next year's crop.

Nope, no one should do that without an overt invitation. And even then, I would double-check if it was allowed and encouraged.

There's no hope for that generation, because they weren't raised right.

yes no respect for other peoples property or even them selves

Privileged Assholes with no respect for anything , banish them

bobwjr Level 10 July 6, 2020

Tacky.

Assholes.

I agree. I would not do it without permission either. 🙂

Rude to be sure but a great compliment to your gardening ability and there's always next year.

Agreed. Poor manners, disrespectful.

It is rude. Ignoring the problem, as it is unlikely to occur again may be the best solution. But ignoring comes with a need to control one's own feelings and releasing them in a productive manner. I would discuss it calmly with my kids about their friends and let them know my shock and dismay. And, without any anger, etc.

@Beowulfsfriend

"Next time, post a sign saying 'Hands Off My Garden," I suggested.

I wouldn’t either. Very rude to say the least

That's just rude .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.