Agnostic.com

7 21

"Mental Health Support "

There is a gem, among the talus, here at Agnostic.com.

It is a SAFE place for ANYONE, to talk about or get support for issues dealing with mental health, recovery, or just everyday stress.

You can join in the community discussions, post of a personal problem, or be anonymous.

Every post is routinely scanned for possible trolling or other negative comments and behavior.

Active members are floating around to answer questions, offer support, or give a virtual hug.

Please, don’t stay in your darkness alone.
We are here for you.

Annaleda 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Americans forget what a bountiful supply of wisdom resides in those of us who have walked thru the fire or did swim against the tide....& survived. Americans have such contempt for the elders among us. Acrylic finger nails & loud combustible engines, & selfies are what remains most revered among many of us. Seek brain chemistry adjustment lest it lock one in perpetual spiraling. Many methods of doing this. Research & apply.

And, so often, there are none better to talk WITH, not to imo, than those who have been were you now find yourself for they have already traveled or are still traveling that very same road.
And, may one say as well, well said and well put @Annaleda.

Thank you, @Annaleda, for the safe space, and the reminder that it's there for us. It's much needed and much appreciated.

Thanks, Annaleda!
My whole femal part of the family suffers from depression, anxiety and OCD. I never know how to respond to them when they come for help. Maybe I vcan learn something from this group.

Thank you for your kindness and caring.

Many thanks for this.

I lost my wife to heart disease 6 years ago. I was so devastated that it destroyed my ability to feel normal emotions. I exist but I don't care about anything. It should not be this way. I have been unable to move on. Every cross word I have uttered, every selfish thing that I have done haunts me to tears. I don't known how to escape the regret that I feel for not being a better person.

I posted this in the wrong place, Sorry friends

My first wife, Pam, died in 2008.
I had serious grief.
I used an online support group.
You wrote that you fail to care about anything, but then you wrote that you deeply regret any time you express any anger at anyone.
Seems like you truly care, a great deal.
You have a solid foundation for rebuilding yourself, gradually.
I am no expert, but that is what I see in you.

@bigjac We married at age 18. I (we) are now 75. I have never had another woman and I would not know how to do so. Thank you though

@dumasarok I was single for three years.
I had a girlfriend, during that time.
Then, my second wife, who had gotten to know me and my first wife, while she was alive, and knew I was a nice guy, she married me, nine years ago.
Plenty of fish in the sea.
You can have a new bride, if you want one.
My opinion.

@dumasarok I do not think he meant finding a girlfriend, I think he meant figuring out who you are as YOU, instead of as WE. And he’s correct, you are not broken, just bent.

I’m glad you posted in the wrong place. You deserve to be validated for your loss and grief, and you deserve to heal and continue on.

And come visit us: "Mental Health Support "
You are not the only to feel these things.
There are tools we can point you to, to help you help yourself through this tough time.

I too suffer from bombarding thoughts. Memories forcing their ugly heads to the front of my mind. Why did I say this? Why did I react that way? What should I, could I, have done better? Faster? Cleaner? Smarter?

I have learned to accept that I did whatever it is, and throw it away—it is 5, 10, 20 years ago! I have no control over what I did before.

Hugs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.