Agnostic.com

22 11

LINK Texas Pastor Apologizes For Allowing Hugging At Church After Dozens Contract COVID-19 | HuffPost

This is a rarity for a religious leader to admit they were wrong.

snytiger6 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For goodness sake. This year's Darwin awards list is gonna be long one.

Yeah, it is like the Encyclopedia Britannica.... and it is only July.

What a twat!

My only question is: Why are you apologising for something you believe was god's will? Nothing happens without god wanting it, or so they say 🙂

He almost accepts responsibility and then kind of dodges it by quoting Trumpian logic regarding equating more testing with a higher positive result. Faulty logic all around and zero accountability in a leader; terrible in a religious institution and disastrous at the national level.

So sad. So out of touch with reality. So delusional.

For some reason in the back of my mind I picture it's just a lie on his part and how else to keep the bucks rolling in now the payment is coming up on the BMW.

The Beamer is paid for; the new boat cost about 30k more than he expected.

@Beowulfsfriend my mistake oops

Does not sound like an apology to me. Sounds like an apology when you are not really apologizing at all.

Arbaugh appeared to paint the rise in cases in his congregation as inevitable, saying that there was “really nothing that we could do to keep this from happening.”

So, nothing at all? Not social distancing, not mandatory masks, not even staying home and having your services remotely- nothing at all? It was like gravity, the virus was something that was going to fall fom the sky and land on you, you could not avoid it?

That means he didn't really accept any blame at all, doesn't it?

Should be arrested for negligence tbh

Too little too late, bub.

Yer all gonna die of STUPIDITY!

what a doubting thomas.🤨 twit.

too late you dumb motherfunker!

Pass it around y'all. Gimme some more of that. Remember that god says if you have enough faith poison will not even hurt you. If you die of a virus it must have been his will.

Just close the church moron

they might lose a nickel

Bravissimo
Bravissimo

He did not really take responsibility for it, he is a "Back Slider".

To me he is just another wind/shit bag.

End tax exemptions for religious organizations

domos Level 7 July 8, 2020

I fucking love this. I hope they all get it.

I want to take the approach that they got what they deserved but it's more complicated than that because these people went out and interacted with other people around town and surly spread it to someone who did not attend the ignorant church service.

Too late Pastor Arbaugh too late... hope he & his family recovers... Why isn't he being used as an example to others doing the same...? He should be personally calling other churches with his story.

A friend of mine from HS lives in TX he did a TV interview over his personal and way tooo up close call, with covid 19.

I spoke on the phone with him, part of his doing it was so all would understand MASK ARE GOOD, and stupidity can and very much will kill you if you are the right person.

N-Joy, pass on to the stupid/naysayers/trumpites

Surely he thought that JC could prevent infection? Or maybe tell them the cure... 😂 😂 😂

It was in god's hands? Doh!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.