Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Your Boss Can Now Search Your Car | ucomm blog

And don't use work computers for personal business.

HippieChick58 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh no ,I better stop taking used paper clips to hold my sun visor together.

lori99 Level 5 July 10, 2020

They would have to have probable cause. You shouldn't steal company property. They should also be liable for an illegal search. That should be limited to loss prevention personnel.

barjoe Level 9 July 10, 2020

Goes way too far. The employer could use such searches simply to find personal information which might be embarrassing , and either threaten the employee with revealing it, or even spread the information around the workplace.

So, load up your car with the most crude things you can find. Old underwear, unclean dishes and silverware, boxes of broken glass, dog crap. They won't do it again.

I do not believe I have ever worked in a place that allowed their copy machines, typewriters, etc and now computers to be used for personal business
. An employer-provided locker is Not "protected", duuuhh, it belongs to the employer!
This is one ruling I fully support!
If you are Union Organizing, which I More than fully support, hand out fliers at the entrance hold meetings elsewhere, send emails on personal phones. My grandfather was an Organizer when being beaten to death for it was a real possibility!

They can't search your car without your keys!

@altschmerz That's why I don't wear underwear.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514148
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.