Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK Knee Restraint Yesterday Allentown PA near Philadelphia

Didn't seem necessary, more punitive. Things aren't getting any better. The victim is white but it still matters to Black Lives Matters Lehigh Valley.

barjoe 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's pensyltucky

bobwjr Level 10 July 12, 2020

It's Allentown not Altoona.

We definely need legislation making such moves criminal.

There is no reason Why 3 grown men cannot retrain someone with out kneeling on their neck. It's outrageous. It should be a criminal offence to do this to anyone.

It's not allowed by departmental guidelines.

@barjoe It might as well be if they don't end up with a felony conviction for behaving like that

@dermot235 They won't. Maybe a suspension for the knee guy, maybe not.

Unf'nbelievable!

The only reason we know about this is people parking their car in front of St Luke's Hospital in Allentown. POC outraged took this video. The gentleman might be Hispanic [twitter.com]

barjoe Level 9 July 12, 2020

Current clamour about all this is because it is causing deaths and simply being wrong is exactly why cops will continue to use it until it is outlawed fully. Then they bitch because we are "not allowing them to do their jobs." Most right wing people I know make the claim that we are not allowing the cops to do their jobs in such a way as to make knees in the neck as perfectly normal. It makes me believe that white people are not so afraid that it will happen to them.

It just did happen to a white man. Let's throw those "right wing people" face first on the concrete and jam my knee on their neck. And they cry about behind asked to wear a mask?

Until fully outlawed cops will continue to be full fledged assholes.

We cannot blame all cops for the illegal actions of a few bad ones.

Guidelines of Allentown PD prohibit use of choke hold and knee restraint.

@BestWithoutGods The problem is "Blue Code of Silence" They look the other way or are afraid to expose bad cops.

@barjoe The "Blue Code of Silence" must stop.

@BestWithoutGods We can when their Unions defend this behaviour

After watching the video I honestly cannot see the reason the cop even did that. The person they were restraining did not seem to be fighting back.

They are sadistic bastards. They're mad at him, they want to punish him.

Cop wanted to get famous, maybe?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.