Agnostic.com

48 21

I regard myself as a militant atheist

Blackatheist1985 7 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Purity in nature is unattainable, from a chemists point of view, you will not find any gold that is 100% pure.
I am an Agnostic, not a pure Agnostic, I think that the chances of ANY being of a form that could govern the universe is damn slim, and the chances of proving it are even slimmer, but I still leave that window open, not because I believe in some shit man-made god, but because the universe does definitely have a good degree of order along with the chaos, and, I see those who rule it out completely as usually not much different than the believers who claim something that is simply not provable. Exploration requires an open mind, and I intend to keep it that way . . . . for 8000+ years that man has existed with the ability to record memories in writing, not one has provided proof of the existence of their putative being. Science and scientific proof acknowledges that not all proofs are in actually complete, something could change, or new knowledge could be acquired which changes things. We do not live in a static world, and only if we did, could we prove something 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt. Doubt is good, the alternative is a closed mind.
That does not mean I am not confrontational, in any way shape or form, I go after believers like a dragonslayer goes after the dragons in the movies, relentlessly, and I demand that they prove what they are asserting, and stick to my guns on it, and on that very demand they always fail, they try to tangentialize the argument, use any other form of artifice they can come up with, but in the end, their failure to produce evidence is always their downfall.

Absolutely!

barjoe Level 9 July 12, 2020

My god is food. I eat it every day and shit it out...

I don't think I could be 100% sure, as I think it could be seen as ignorant to others.
But I'm a 99.9%. 😉

What is your definition of a militant atheist?

AvisG Level 4 July 12, 2020

None of the above. I can not prove that an undetectable God does not exist. I said god does not matter if it does. I am however certain that no god exist.

There is no need to be militant anything!!!

Most militant types and groups destroy themselves from within!!!

Yes, you must defend your life!!

But, when you are out numbered by fools, them it sometimes better to bide your time than be persecuted by degree, at that point you have no choice!!!

What, no chart for us to choose? Militant atheist and proud of it. Of course there's not much risk where I live.

De-facto probably. I do not dispute that god does or does not exist, I just personally do not believe that god does.

De-facto Atheist but very much anti-theist.

I used to be, however after a time you just get tired of beating you head against the wall. Now, I don't give a shit what anyone believes or don't believe, they do not define who I am, no one does.

then imo you must consider whether or not you actually do have a religion so to speak, since as you have pointed out the arguments for/against the "existence" of Yah are functionally moot.

And fwiw the Bible makes the same argument, several diff ways, even pointing out in the "Good" Samaritan that ppl are not condemned for lack of belief, and that Many will cry "LordLord"

Spectrum of theistic probability

[en.wikipedia.org]

I don't believe there is a god. I could be wrong, if someone can provide objective evidence.

I am not omnipotent, so I can't allow myself the 100% sure there are no gods. Theism could be right about the necessity, but completely wrong about the character/identity of any gods, should they exist. Since there method can not come to any conclusion except for the one they are pushing.. and since there are theists pushing many contradictory conclusions.. I see the methodologies used by theism to be 100% unreliable.

I am not militant atheist, because I don't believe you change people's minds by verbally or otherwise punching them in the nose and putting them on the defense.

For a good first stage, I would be happy with acknowledging there are people that do not believe, have good reasons, and can be good neighbors who do not deserve litigation of religious decrees on them.

Defacto.

SCal Level 7 July 12, 2020

I consider myself an agnostic, but reading this list I'm in the de-facto atheist category..🤔

Me, a strong, determined and well educated and, very often, outspoken Atheist who would stand up and state firmly and assuredly that There never has been, nor never will be a God/Gods/Goddesses, etc, etc.

I’m with you man. We need to shed BAD IDEAS born of our cultural infancy, still stubbornly held by religious dogma, for the sake of humanity and the world we live in. It doesn’t feel right to just sit back and let idiocy unfold. I’m anti-theist.

Mvtt Level 7 July 13, 2020

I think we all have the right to label ourselves whatever we damn well please.

gearl Level 8 July 13, 2020

Meaning you're going to go out and fight for atheism?

Well when good men do nothing...

Although it's only a categorization, I like it, personally speaking.

I did nto see militant atheist listed.

I myself an more of a strong atheist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514701
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.