Agnostic.com

16 13

LINK Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Man Threatens to Kill “in the Name of Jesus” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

"On Saturday night, a Christian terrorist who threatened to kill everyone on a plane “in the name of Jesus” was quickly subdued (by two men, including one who was allegedly a cop), then arrested after the Alaska Airlines flight made an emergency stop. The flight from Seattle to Chicago returned to Washington about 20 minutes after takeoff."

snytiger6 9 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe he would have been doing them a favor. Jesus might have a serious party pad! Great music, smoke and action. With the heads of sinners on the wall and furniture made from their bones. Glory!

Yes, that "name of Jesus" does it all. Mountains can even be removed or the followers can drink poison. This man appears to have drank very much. I often wonder how many people in our world are named "Jesus."

Religious or not, the man is not of sound mind. I doubt there's anywhere in the bible that told him to do what he did.

If you hear the same thing repeated over and over AND over...it is easy to see why the brain short-circuits! I hope there is some way, to balance these people out, for all our sakes (as demonstrated here). 😢

'Sok - he's not a muslim, or an atheist, or a deranged liberal, he's a 'devout man of god', so he CAN'T be anything but moral, just and perfect in every way.

They'll say 'That was a rather unwise thing to do, please don't do it again' and let him off.

I wonder how quickly he'll be released with a slap on the wrist or get a pardon from the VP or the orange bag of poop.

People have been killing "In the name of Jesus" for almost 2000 years.

BD66 Level 8 July 14, 2020

Most likely, the man needs mental help. I don't like locking people like that up in jails, notice I said jails. The ones I want locked up are those that make terroristic threats about the wearing of masks; and if the law does do something, it takes days before anything is done - then, usually because of internet coverage.

How despicable!

He should be confined to a lunatic asylum until he is no longer a danger to other people.

Religion + mental illness.

Or is is religion = mental illness.

fucking religious nutbars

redhog Level 7 July 14, 2020

The reporter asks about his motivation. Really? I believe this is his motivation:

They need trap doors in those things, with idiot-ejection tubes underneath!

🙂 Heh! Now why would Jesus have let anything happen to them anyways?!

Again? Everybody does this kind of thing in the name of Jesus. Every religious crank with a bomb threatens to detonate it in the name of Jesus. Just once somebody should threaten or commit terrorism in the name of "The guy who died on the cross just to the left of Jesus!"

Terrorist threats have fallen into a rut.

Thank goodness this religious nut was stopped before he killed people.

barjoe Level 9 July 14, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.