Agnostic.com

7 0

BLM - No - All Lives Matter?

Published 3 years ago and still relevant the world over.

[activebystandervic.org]

Do you agree?

Do all human lives matter?

• 3 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 3 votes
FrayedBear 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry but the "All Lives Matter" people don't really believe it. Those are the ones who think only their life matters and feel threatened by people saying their life matters as much as their own selfish one....

Sad isn't it.

This is such a vague phrase.

Certain lives matter more to every individual than others.

and science has proven - repeatedly with many different populations -

-the more crowded it gets the less that other lives matter.

J.R. Malthus, the father of Demography (population prediction studies) said more than 200 years ago; "As the quantity of life (of any one species in any given location) increases, the quality of life for each individual decreases.

The logic is simple - more and more fight for less and less of the share of resources.

This has inevitable consequences. Wars, conflict, diseases, extinction.

Whether it's fruit flies, or rats, or humans....the studies prove this - repeatedly.

Here's a study done in the 1960's

[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Here's a follow-up to Calhoun's classic study, in '08

[eprints.lse.ac.uk]

The Pandemic will get worse.
Global warming will get worse
Conflicts with nations might not lead to nuclear assault...but might lead to economic dominance by other nations besides the US...which shouldn't be looked on as a bad thing.

We will finally change this direction when we realize that it's our growth...our increase in population - that's causing all these problems.

When we reach ZPG we will begin to see lives matter more.

Thanks for the lse link.

In the real world, very few lives matter. People pretend to care, but when action is called for only a small percentage actually care enough to show up.

You mean self preservation or as Tolstoy put it "if you wish to lead a successful life don't put your head above the parapet"?

All lives are not being treated with distain & disregard for pleas of "I can't breathe". Folks of color are targeted. How do I know? History, smart phone documentation, & experience when I worked & partied among black & brown friends. One time in particular resulted in the police asking me "if my parents knew I was with these people." "Yes" I replied. "They are people". We were pulled over because there were 7 people in one car. Just driving around, enjoying the radio way back when. The difference I witnessed first hand impacted me forever. I have witnessed the disparity often when I was the only Euro. White folks did not "hang" with the colored folks. My diverse group of friends enriched me & ostracized me from the "white only" crowd until our high school won the basketball tournament., Then Euro Americans were open to having basketball friends.

As a lifelong feminist, I am beginning to think we do ourselves a disservice breaking ourselves down into individual social groups. We need to concentrate on what unites us....our humanity and then address injustice at an individual level. I'm not saying we can ignore the past but we can't do anything about the past, but we can work together to improve the future of all people. It may also require forgiveness on the part of some.

Whites are no more 'racist' than any other racial grouping.

@Fred_Snerd Maybe that😕 just you.
Or, ARE white people superior in some ways?
THAT'S always a possibility.
The only OTHER option is, there's something uniquely screwed up about white people...is that it? That a lot of us are delusional? If so, why?

@Fred_Snerd You didn't answer the question(s).

Nothing will detract from the fact that we have systemic racism in America.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516135
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.