Agnostic.com

6 7

During this stressful time, reminding us all of some beauty

2bisgoodenuff 6 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, a great photograph. One to remember and meditate on. Very calming.

Thanks so much!

Great picture. Thank you.

Welcome! Try to share the beauty & the calm, especially right now.

Thought this looked familiar. When we lived in Seattle we often visited Bainbridge by bus and then ferry. It was always a good outing for the day. There is a couple that moved here several years ago from Bainbridge. They had (before the virus)been very, very active in this community. Unfortunately, a means of transportation I took for granted I have not used since Feb.

Yes it was taken on Hawley Cove Beach near the ferry.
I understand I haven’t been to Seattle since March myself, it’s weird!

@2bisgoodenuff However, you have many more amenities than we do (sorry but going to Bainbridge often felt we were in the suburbs). Now the tourists are descending on us and this is cutting our supplies even more (In our market this morning they were even out of garlic). It does feel strange.

@JackPedigo wow I didn’t realize that, tho the exclusivity of the Island does increase our feelings of security I’m sure. That & we’ve only had 143 cases & 3 deaths in Kitsap County & we’re all 98% mask wearers.
I agree I’m from Huntington Beach CA & it does feel like the suburbs as I grew up in them!

@2bisgoodenuff However, you're not totally an island in the usual sense as you are connected to the peninsula with a bridge. Our mainland, Fidalgo Island, is connected to the land with several bridges over the Skagit river. We are also a very liberal place and Lopez has only had 3 cases and the county 15. We also mostly wear masks. Funny thing, two days ago I came home and noticed something on my cars windshield. Someone had left me a brand new, reversible, cotton, commercial mask. I asked several people I thought might have done this but no. It's a mystery. Having a wood shop and a problem with pollen I often wear masks even without a pandemic.

@JackPedigo how thoughtful someone did that for you! Perhaps you have a masked secret admirer!

@2bisgoodenuff Hmm, putting it this way perhaps it is better than not to try and unmask them.

Beautiful colours...and very calming photograph.

Calming is good especially during these trying times.

I thought so, thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.