Agnostic.com

27 27

I just watched Soylent Green on TV last night. I'm a lot more disturbed by it now then I was when I first watched it in the '70s. It's about overpopulation and how humans are nothing more than a cancer growing on the skin of the Earth. The environment was destroyed with the oceans so toxic not even plankton could grow.
When it happens -- not if -- insane religious belief will be the major cause. How the heck can a Good Book tell people "be fruitful and multiply" and make all the babies they can? Islam teaches that Allah blesses you for every baby you bring into the world. The world population when I first saw the movie was around 4 billion. Now, as I write this, the population approaches 8 billion.
If you never saw the movie try watching it to get a glimpse of what awaits us if ignorant religious fanatics continue to control the world's governments.

Aristippus 6 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Overpopulation?. whatchu mean overpopulation?

& Soylent Green may as well've been written and directed by John of Patmos. 😆

@nyrdybyrd I wrote a short story about this guy once. How would you like to go through like with the name John the Divine? The leather apron wearing slave master on the island said, "Why do I get all the nuts?"

[amazon.com]

Cancers do "tend" to be bringers of death.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.