Agnostic.com

11 14

I had TV on earlier, and just for the hellovit , I didn't change the channel when a holy-roller program came on, and decided to listen to a little of it - as much as I could stand.

The speaker/reverend/whatever-he-was, was a mature whitey, as was the whole audience, as far as I could see. His topic was Satan, and how the devil is constantly tempting everyone with sex, material things, and excesses ! (the horror!!)

Then he said there are three key methods Satan uses : deceive, divide, and destroy.

Sure did sound like he was accurately describing out esteemed orange Nazi !
But then, most of them likely think our President was sent by a god.
Go figure ...

evergreen 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whitey? Why the racism in your comment?

Simply pointing out the lack of diversity in the group. Which seems to be fairly common with the TV evangelist gang.

I always say that, if satan existed, he'd run in horror from our current world!?

Bump Level 4 Aug 3, 2020

Were you expecting logical thought from preachers?

of course not

It is interesting how much their orange god loves his excesses of sex and material things. They must do some serious mental gymnastics to make fool themselves into thinking he's the chosen one.

dkp93 Level 8 Aug 2, 2020

Sex is great, if I remember correctly.
Material greed doesn't require a devil.
Excesses? Moderation IS a good thing.
Sounds like he's describing rats preferring sugar water over cocaine

You've got to laugh at these 'Holy-Rollers' don't you?
They preach about the Devil and temptations, etc, etc, have a huge screen displaying the amounts of money people send into them because They and They alone can offer, at a BIG price btw, a shield for you to ward off the Devil and temptations whilst all the while they are counting up the cash in their heads to see if there is enough coming to so they can up-grade their temptations to getting a bigger, more expensive Mansion, Jet, Tailor-made Suits, perhaps a fancier, bigger Limo, maybe pay for a Face-lift for the Wife and the much needed abortions for all their numerous bed-mates that are now pregnant as well.
JFC, IF I weren't saddled with being a decent, honest, caring human being, thankfully, I'd be a multi-millionaire Preacher by now.

The ravings of such pea-brained individuals make me smile.

When he spoke about the devil is constantly tempting, he was mainly speaking about himself and the troubles he finds himself in all the time.

Constant Projecting .... Just like our American President.

If you are familiar with the Bible I think there is a compelling case to be made that Trump is the AntiChrist.

Evangelicals have considered the Catholic church to be the 'Great Whore' from Revelations. But, since evangelicals worship Trump and if he is the AntiChrist, wouldn't the Great Whore be them? These Evangelicals??

@RussRAB I have respect for whores......but no respect for the Catholic church.

Are you accusing them of not thinking rationally? I am shocked! Lol

Well, God was in a filthy mood when he made those people, so He decided to give short measure when doling out brains to them.

@anglophone Of course! That makes as much sense as the rest of their paradigm, so I'm sure that's the ticket. 😉

Too funny. I often listen to religious programs, for shits and giggles, most of the time I can only last for 10-15 miutes, before I switch channels. What I have heard recently was that according to the bible, unbelievers are pre-determined and are thus doing gods work, by cvhallenging religion, in order to re-inforce the belief of believers. Apparently, I still have no free will.
The other, which was echoed on NPR, was talking about why evangelicals follow trump. It was all about going to the macho presence that John Wayne and other 'strong' christians' espoused and portrayed themselves as saviours of civilisation.
Always interesting to hear another POV.

That is saviors of "white" civilization.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.