Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: What to know about masks, attendance, rules

One of the largest events since the beginning of the pandemic has begun in South Dakota: More than 250,000 people are expected at the iconic Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

That's scaled down from previous years, where about half-a-million people have descended on the city of about 7,000 for an event that has developed a reputation as an anything-goes festival.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There may be a lot of motorcycles for sale next month

A few years ago I debated getting one and learning to ride. It would be cheaper transportation for my commute. Essentially I decided against it because I don't want to go to work with helmet hair.

@HippieChick58 now , you can retire and not worry about it ! 😉
Check out Suzuki's Burgman skooter !

@Buddha I still have to work til Medicare kicks in, insurance is damned expensive. Unless M4A gets passed, then that opens up so many avenues... If I got a skooter, or any sort of motorcycle my kids would commit me to an asylum 😉 They control access to the grands so I try to behave.

@HippieChick58 ha! I have 3 motorcycles, but I'm trying to cut back ! Lol

My biggest take away - 62% of the people of Sturgis asked city officials to postpone the rally. Um, where have we seen this situation played out?
All this movie music comes to mind;

Looking at the photos in that article, I can't help thinking the town of Deadwood may soon have a new connotation.

Stupid, stupid,,,,,,,and stupid on bikes. How do they get so many stupid people in one place?

Lotsa liquor helps to grease the chutes

When you see idiots speeding on motorcycles way over the speed limit with no helmets on and doing other dangerous illogical acts I do not expect these people to have the brains or ethics to care about wearing masks . On the news I heard the governor say she wants a lot of people to attend because it brings big bucks to the state .As usual money overrides common sense.

Going to be a shitshow

Ninety percent Trump supporters, so yes.

A worry, I would think, is that many of the attendees are doing so knowing they are taking a risk, which could add to the thrill, but they also might want to boast that all that fear was for nothing, so that when they return home from the event, and feel a little sick, they won't seek medical attention or self isolate, in denial, for fear they will be proven wrong in not taking precautions. I don't know, just my guess.

The best drivers in a snowstorm? The ones who had enough sense to stay home.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.