Agnostic.com

14 2

I know many here are against Trump, but what's your opinion on Joe Biden? Will he be a good leader, or just the lesser of two evils?

Radu 7 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Several people have suggested in this thread that Biden isn't progressive enough. I am bewildered by this sentiment. Racial equality is at the forefront of the progressive agenda. Biden, a white man, followed for 8 years where a black man led...with integrity, sincerity and loyalty. That is an immense step in the right direction.

That said, I agree with other comments that much depends on who controls the Senate. If Dems take it, then Biden will be a good president who undoes much of the damage of the last 4 years. If GOP keeps it, Biden will be limited by their obstruction. And, unfortunately...based on comments I'm seeing here, I worry that progressives will blame him for it. That would not only be misguided in my opinion but would play into the hands of the right.

Why not ask yourself who you want nominating the next 2-3 Supreme Court Justices? For starters.......

@Radu funny way to phrase an "unbiased" question......

@Radu I think this question made your preferences clear. I mean, either of the options of "good leader or just the lesser of two evils" are clearly better than the bigoted, moronic, train-wreck currently infesting the White House.

Are you serious? Or is this a trick question?

He has years of experience in government. He's dedicated to doing a good job. The Russians/GOP are delivering a LOT of untrue nonsense about him....be careful what you believe, please. Same's true about Kamala Harris. As a Black/Indian/FEMALE...she's standing up to all the garbage the GOP can create!

Remember that the rest of the world is watching and will rejoice when the pustule's gone. This alone will help Biden deliver promises.

I think I will withhold an opinion and let him do the job for awhile and see how it goes. This country has a lot of challenges ahead.......

Lesser evil.

A very dangerous evil

Or, maybe, as Glen Greenwald called Obama, "The more effective evil"?

@TomMcGiverin

That's the scary part

Lesser of two evils,
Not necessarily better.

He's going to be like Obama, but without the charm. His foreign policy will maintain our international standing among the least-trusted, moay-despised nations on earth. At least, we might lose the number one ranking. He will cater to corporate backers and allow banks to continue exploiting college students. And of course, he'll be better than Trump.

This is why we need to demolish the two party system.

JimG Level 8 Aug 12, 2020

You're so right. Until then we will continue to get shit for policies and worse candidate choices each time around, unless you love right wing candidates...

He will be fine. Whether he can get much done will depend on the Senate. If he faces a McConnell led Republican Senate he will be stonwalled as Obama was. I am a Progressive, but l know that whatever changes come will depend on the Congress whether it is Biden or Bernie. My fellow Progressives seem to think Bernie has some magic wand and was going to change the world and nothing could be farther from the truth. It is all about the Congress. That is the way it works. Besides Bernie being a member of niether party would always have a rough go. Independent might play well in a small state like Vermont. But on a national level, not so much. Biden will be fine.

Easy choice over trump

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2020

He's "Trump Lite".

I think the Dems went with a Candidate that disgusted Republicans might go for.

To say I'm not happy about choices right now is an understatement.

That he just chose a running mate who is an ex-police officer? Gees - could that be more blatant? And she's partially black? I mean gees....

I've just reached a point of disgust with Politics because it's not a system of that chooses the best person for the job - but rather the person who wants the job. That's not who we need representing us.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that most of the criticisms labeled against Biden occurred 40 to 50 years ago. Mistakes of a young congressman trying to learn how to forge coalitions. He made mistakes that looking back with 20-20 hindsight he would have been better off not making. Part of the learning curve and how history changes perceptions of how good or bad decisions might be when looking back.

Trump on the other hand in the midst of his stupid decisions, egregious behaviors, and mishandling government.

Biden is known as a decent man. He is well respected by many on both sides, much like McCain was. He will be a nice breath of fresh air, unlike the boil in the WH now.

He'll probably be okay. I'm not much enthusiastic about Biden, but I don't so much see him as the lesser of two evils. Just not as progressive as I'd prefer.

I don't think Joe Biden's evil. I think America has a two party system that makes you select a candidate that may not be your first choice. Biden is acceptable. Trump is unacceptable. In my opinion. It's an easy choice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.