Agnostic.com

7 23

Who feels like a refresher course in Biology? As an atheist, we are quick to counter Creationism with Evolution. But how many of us actually remember how this process works? Here is a quick, "In a nutshell" class on the mechanics of evolution. Enjoy!

Green_Soldier71 7 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On the other hand, some people who believe, and some people who have no evidence on which to decide either way, might contend that a universe in which abiogenesis was a plausible outcome could have been caused by some higher power and that evolution followed.

'Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution' by the Ukranian-American geneticist Theodosius Dobzhansky (1973) is no exception. ... These observations make good sense, however, when viewed as the result of evolution. They are the kinds of patterns we would expect to see if life on earth had evolved.
For a more detailed, expanded, but enjoyable and readable tour of evolution, read "Life Ascending: The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution," by Nick Lane.

Evolution....in simple and clear terms for ease of understanding. Thanks for posting.

IMO, a most interesting explanation of evolution and how selection works.
The six post-play videos tell me that selection during the years ahead will entail a contest between, not two, but three competing explanations of the universe: the gravity-only Big Bang universe, the gravity-and-electricity Electric Universe, and the String Theory Universe.

Excellent posts! Thanks for sharing!!!

Evolution is intrinsically logically coherent, with each discovery I get more of a sense of "Of course it's like this" that comes from a deeper understanding. All the concepts of geographical isolation and the roles of environment, competition and socialization play really makes sense. As a Christian kid however I couldn't explain how the soul was dirtied by sin, nor should I have had to.

Great, presented in simple terms but try telling that to the Creationists then stand and watch them go into a frenzy of screaming, yelling, denial, etc, etc.
M8, I'd be posting that on EVERY Creationist/Religious site, etc, possible just for the fun of it.

@Green_Soldier71 We can always hope, can't we?

@Green_Soldier71 They wouldn't die from watching that but from lack of knowledge of how to say flexible. 'Jesus' can felt of course but he no longer exists so his strings are being pulled by someone else.

None of them would watch it...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524396
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.