Agnostic.com

63 5

What is your favorite place to eat that is not fast food?

KingPeep 6 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It all depends on what I want to eat. Of I want a real BBQ I will go to an Argentinian or Uruguayan restaurant but if Irish food is calling an Irish pub near my home is the place.

@qwertykeyboard Ask the Irish...but Sheppard pie would qualify.

I am not comfortable about talking about sex therefore i refuse to answer.

sushi restaurant-yum

The Hungry Hobbit". I absolutely love it. They serve the most amazing burgers and loaded fries, and their craft beer selection is top-notch. The vibe there is super chill and cozy, perfect for hanging out with friends or going on a casual date. Oh, and if you're in the mood for some seriously tasty pub food, you should also check out another amazing pub near me called Fenians. Just check it out and LMK how you like it.

Any Vietnamese or Thai restaurant.

I haven't eaten "fast food" (or had a soda, donut, etc.) in 22 years.
I make real food at home every day.
Control your ingredients and you control your health.

Favorite place to eat? My dining room.
But on the rare occasion that I do eat elsewhere....I prefer Indian and Asian cuisines.

Yes!!! I am not a "sugar" person - savory rules! I like my particular spice and savory set so it's easier to cook for myself. Going out, I enjoy sushi and good seafood places - nothing fried!

Pretty much anywhere that serves good sushi.

At home, or a picnic by the sea.

My dining room. That way I get the joy of cooking and the pleasure of eating.

Ludo Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

Right on! Nothing like home-cooked meals!

I’m a foodie. My local pub has amazing food. I like to think that I make some great food too.

@MrLizard that all sounds really good!

@MrLizard we have an ex-pat here that opened a little pub with excellent fish and chips and a really good curry. Would like to go back to London though.

Fast food is a total no go for me due to recent diagnosis of gluten issues.

Fave restayrants are J kogi - Korean street food joint, Fresca - a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, a few sit down sushi joints & a few local Indian restaurants.

@OnaM we are lucky in that with influx of a large ethnic community, an "international" market has opened that breaks up the sundries aisles according to ethnicity (not sure if right word). All Chinese products on 1 aisle, Korean on 1, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Indian, etc. The fruit & veg, meats & seafood sections are to die for & the selection of fresh herbs is just off the chain. Can get a lot of the gluten free flours that I use for a song compared to the premiun prices paid in normal groceries. The meat/seafood section also allows me to get a lot of cuts of meat/seafood types also not available in a general grocery.

A Poke restaurant nearby. It is both fast food and healthy. Rice, Poke, greens and did I mention Poke.

Not familiar with the spelling Pkoe. I have only seen it spelt as Poke (doesn't make it right of course). I supposed an easy way to describe it is diced sashimi marinated or covered in an asian sauce of some kind (teriyaki like, sesame etc) eaten over or with rice. I think its origins may be Japanese but I first discovered it while living in Hawaii.

If I'm not cooking my favorite non-fastfood restaurant would be Texas de Brazil. Actually any Brazilian steakhouse is good enough to give me a foodgasm!

All my favorite restaurants are closed. Still, I'll post them here anyway.

Tokyo Tokyo - Sushi restaurant. They never recovered from the bad economy in 2008.
Yangtze - Chinese restaurant that had been in business over 50 years. Lost to gentrification.
The Mug - Best dang spaghetti on the planet. Nothing but old family recipes from the old country here. 3rd generation of ownership had little interest in keeping the place going.
Yum Yum - American diner type place, but the food seemed to be of much higher quality than similar places.

d_day Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

My own home...where I can control what goes in to the dish...

Home. My roommate is a chef!!!!

It was High Tea (English tradition) at Queenston Heights Restaurant in Queenston, Ontario! a beautiful baroque setting with an expansive view of the Lake Ontario Plain below.

Damn, I miss that!

What is High Tea, you ask? [foodrepublic.com]

Pinnacle Peak Trail Dust Town in Tucson, AZ. Best steak and beans in town. Worth the expense.

The Longhorn restaurant. Steak with chocolate moltent lava cake with ice cream!

Olive Garden

They are the stuff of urban legend! For 20 years people have wanted an Olive Garden to build here to no availe. There is one about 40 miles away.

I lived in Italy for 3.5 years. The food is not the same, but for Waco, TX, it’s as good as you can get. @Donna_I

Soul Vegetarian. Their good is on point. Check them out.

Local pubs..

Richmond Oysters, East Richmond, Victora, Australia; 7th Heaven, Dong Hoi, Vietnam

My kitchen

There is a Greek place where I live that I visit a couple times a week. They have great food and great service. I've never had a bad meal there.

Red Lobster.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.