Agnostic.com

63 5

What is your favorite place to eat that is not fast food?

KingPeep 6 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i love 2 cook so my house or the woods, i love camp cooking. also my grandmas food has been such a big part of everything we ever did, that i could say there 2, plus shes an amazing cook. but if you mean going out 2 eat, i love almost any kind of authentic mexican food

Byrd Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

A good lebanese restaurant. Chicken shish tawook please.

Any vendor selling monthong durian!

Pic: Me eating monthong durian at a vendor stand, Penang Island, Malaysia.

@Stevil It's expensive and has a short season, so I advise you NOT to try it. One of my expat friends dared me to try it, claiming I'd be hooked from then on. I didn't believe him, but I did it anyway. Big mistake. I've loved monthong durian ever since, willing to pay high prices to get it when I can.

Perry's in Austin... only because it's like the best steak i've ever had.

Local fresh tasty home cooked food is the bomb I cook for my almost adult kids who are studying their buns off and im loving every moment of it

Middle Eastern food - couple places in Seattle I like and miss: Mediterranean Kitchen on Capitol Hill; and Cafe Zum Zum (curry) downtown.

Cheesecake Factory

I was Mexican in a previous life and would eat Mexican food 5 of 7 days if I could.

Claim Jumper has great fried zucchini and lobster, believe it or not. None in Louisiana.

Love Round Table Pizza's gourmet veggie pizza. Miss that one too.

Nice traditional Thai resturant.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

Sushi..kazu in new port richey fl..anyone interested? let's meet for sake..

It all depends on what I want to eat. Of I want a real BBQ I will go to an Argentinian or Uruguayan restaurant but if Irish food is calling an Irish pub near my home is the place.

@qwertykeyboard Ask the Irish...but Sheppard pie would qualify.

I will go wherever the nutrition is proper. I don't care about brands. My reasoning? When someone says they're free, they are free. Period.

Sirloin Stockade but I here it burned down again. Oh, well.

Rosa’s Cafe?

Great place in Palm Bay, FL called Wagon Wheel! Some of the best subs and pizza I've had. Nothing fancy just good food.

BillF Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

Have not eaten at a fast food place for a couple of years, yuck. Besides home there is a Chinese buffet about a half hour away. The staff barely speak English and the food is great.

While buffets give great options, they are just not cost effective for me - I can't eat that much - nor do I want to. I'd rather order off the menu most of the time.

@poetdi56 Great selection of food. Lunch menu is $8, dinner is $12, they add some special dishes at dinner. I do tend to eat more than I should but I go maybe once every couple of months so it's not a regular thing.

Any one of numerous little diners/dives around Oklahoma that has perfected their own technique for making the best chicken fried steak with pan cream gravy, smashed taters, and a roll or three. It annoys me how so many places neglect the roll.

Any Indian place. I've never found a bad one.

YES!!!!! An Indian restaurant opened in my little city a few years ago, but their location was terrible and they closed. I was delighted to see that they changed locations to a better place and are now doing well. I think I may go there today 🙂

Enjoy it for both of us!!!!!

If it has to be a restaurant, I'd pick Sweet Tomatoes for soup and salad.

The Italian restaurant quite near me . It's like being in Italy again .

www.levallauris.com

Potbellies, Au Bon Pain, Mideastern Mediterranean or relative of the adjoining countries.

Other than home, my favorite is a local steakhouse.

My favorite place to eat has gone down the drain after the management changed 😟

There's an authentic Japanese place in town which I love. I usually eat some type of sashimi. If I'm ever eating fast food, something has gone terribly awry.

I like a place in Portland called Old Chicago (on SE 103rd and Washington). I love their hawaiian pizza made with sweet thai chili sauce, canadian bacon pineapple red onions and red bell peppers on a thick crust. Mmmm. They also usualy have a nhice selection of craft beers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.