Agnostic.com

33 3

Has anyone looked around lately and wondered of God only looks after his own? Our local churchy people don't seem to be struggling as much as some others. Or is it that they're just 'waiting'...I got told ages ago by a bible-basher that we were in "the last days" - you reckon this might be it? With all the shootings, lawlessness etc going on, the plagues and pestilence, the floods or droughts, the starvation.... Is"God"(or the aliens, the men-in-black, Krishna, Papatuanuku, Bhudda, Mohammed, Zeus or whomever) fed up now and had enough?

XSChic 4 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

… As much as some others...

Heroin junkies?

You are not the first nor the last to worry about the last days or end of times. People have been predicting the end for millennia now. In my own lifetime I have survived many of these alleged end of days. As the saying goes this too shall pass.

Until it doesn't... 😝

I see no evidence of this.

[usatoday.com]

maybe you're not looking in the right places

After giving your question a lot of thought and consideration I must say welcome to the site and NO. 🙄

Humans soil their own environment, they do not need a deity to assist them at all with that. Humans create nuclear bombs, flood the atmosphere with CO2, make war on each other, all by themselves, there is no need for a deity to intervene, humans are sowing the seeds of their own destruction quite well on their own, and after they are extinct from the world, it will be much better off as a result.

We've been in the "Last Days", "Rapture"? "Apocalypse" since 1000 AD. There are so many things that presage the advent of the "beast" and the second coming of Jesus, as if the first did anything 🙂
I think that part of the problem is that people try to tie prophesy to significant years. I know that Y2K was system driven, but boy did a few looney tunes jump onto that bandwagon. Then was it 2011 or 12 for the end of the Inca calendar, that the evangelicals took up as the next opportunity for death and destruction? I like to enjoy these moments, much as I do a good comedy, laugh and move on. Nothing to see here folks, but the news channels will trot out so many talking heads, how do I get that gig?

But, you ever notice how we get no free cars, houses,b oats, or bank account contents from these believers?

Uuummmm, what? Hint: there is no "gawd"!!!!!!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that part. 🤔😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.