Agnostic.com

20 1

Clay mask to heal acne?

Have any of you used bentonite clay mask to heal acne? ZAny other suggestions?

DUCHESSA 8 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A friend recommended AHA/BHA exfoliating deep cleanser by COSMEDICS . It is enhanced with Tea Tree Oil & Green Tea Extract. When used daily it works well. It also helps with oily skin in general. I bought it from Amazon

Domal Level 4 May 15, 2018

Acne, folliculitis for me has one cure... isotretinoin (AKA Accutane) in a low dose about 20mg Per week. I've had breakouts my entire life chest, back and face, scalp. This is the only remotely effective cure that I've found.
Because it can cause birth defects, it isn't for everyone and requires strict adherence to the ipledge program. See a dermatologist and see if it is an option.

Don't eat sugar at all

I guess you didn't read the other posts. No sugar in my diet for the last 20 or so years.

Never had the problem of acne, sorry

Neither do I. Is a simple inflammation of a very small area.

Tea tree oil. Magic stuff. I used to use wipes from a company called "Desert Essence."

It's strong and can sting and dry out skin; might not be for use every day, or in combination with other products.

Witch hazel for toner.

Acne can be the result of any number of issues. Hormonal, the use of pore clogging face care products, bad diet and or internal imbalances. A few things can be done to manage it. Clay masks are one way; they detox the skin by drawing out impurities. Just be aware that clay will also dry out your skin so use sparingly. Tea Tree Oil can also be used to kill any infection that there is; products that have glycolic acid, salicylic acid or vitamin c in them, they exfoliate and help prevent pore clogging and again use sparingly; try and include the daily use of probiotics (internal) because they will help balance the good/bad bacteria in your gut which can affect the skin. Also check to see that your skin care products are non-comodegenic (non pore clogging). Daily cleansing will help remove dirt and oil that can block the pores. Last but not least try to drink sufficient amounts of water, daily. This also will de- tox the body as well as hydrate. Hope this is helpful.

OK, doctor....you make it sound like I should go to intensive care. LOL The area affected is smaller than half cm2. Thanks. I applied apple cider vinegar and is almost gone.
About daily cleansing...¡If you only could see how much I exfoliate my skin...daily!

lol Ah there it is. I think you may be over exfoliating your skin that can cause blemishes.

Eat a clove of raw garlic just before bedtime (to spare your friends the smell during the day). This often clears up skin overnight, but if done routinely, will keep skin clear.

Add vegetable juice, or other fresh, raw food to your diet. You get acne when your body gets too acidic.

Limit processed food, skip sodas.

Get outside for a walk in the sunshine.

I don; t eat processed food / don't drink sodas...but I should walk a lot more. Thanks.

I've never had acne and I've never used a mask.

Egg yolks work better than any treatment I ever tried. I had extreme acne as a teenager, like on a commercial, it was bad. My mom read it in Ann Landers and I tried it. It heals your skin and makes it soft and even. Separate the yolk and let it dry on your face for 10 minutes once a day seriously. I tell people about it all the time. I don't have a big problem with this any more but still use them once in a while if I get a blemish, or just want my skin to look nice.

MsAl Level 8 Apr 8, 2018

Thanks. I only have three or four inflamed pores. I will survive.

Try applying a warm/hot wet wash cloth to the area.

Yes, clay will draw out the infection , but you must let it dry completetly.

No infection...only wholeness

I use a face scrub of a baking soda paste then use a diluted unfiltered ACV.

if it does you no goood it will do you no harm you can buy fullers earth and make that into a paste.

Thanks

I don't see how it would help, unless it has an antibiotic in it.

marga Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

I had terrible acne as a teenager - the only thing that cleared it up was antibiotics. When summer came and I was outside all day at our family cottage, sunlight cleared it up as well... I was told it was the disinfecting qualities of ultraviolet rays that did it.

And it may be right. I use -daily- sunscreen. I will start to apply it every other day. Thanks

Growing up I had terrible acne and the only thing that helped was proactive. As an adult I had some wonderful years of acne free bliss but now I'm getting black heads again more and more. I've found an activated charcoal mask with benotine and aloe has been working wonders, though it is horrifically painful to peel off. (There's something oddly satisfying about ripping the flesh from your face off LMAO)

I just was told by a friend to use benotine clay. Will see.

My skin was very oily and I'd break out ALL the damn time. Then I cleared up for a while, and then I got pregnant and my skin thought it was 13 again, each time. After kids I'd have occasional breakouts. Now past menopause OMG is my skin dry, but I rarely break out. I'm pretty sure if I had a better diet and better habits as a teen my skin would have been much better.

Used to have problems - now have dry skin. Never heard of it. Vitamin E used to help when I had adult acne.

I suffered with acne as a child and tried everything. Clearasil, Stry-Dex, Egg masks, prescriptions. It was only when I send to Air Force basic training and was required to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day that my face finally cleared up. It might not work for everyone, but it did for me.

I had very mild acne, localized, when I was a teen....and I exploded each pimple I found until the root ended up out of the pore. Now I have "inflammation" (bumps) under the eye and I don't want to use chemicals. I drink two to three bottles of water a day

Nope. The little acne I had got treated with prescription drugs and some alcohol based lotion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.