Agnostic.com

53 8

Are we meant to be with one person forever?

Since half of marriages end in divorce it seems fair to ask if people should commit to someone "forever."
Marraige and love consists of layers and things could be examined within. Things like open relationships and seperating sex from love gives some relationships options, but they still return us to the main question (Are we meant to be with one person forever).

What is your opinion on life-long monogamy and/or the purpose of marraige?

Millzy 5 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have no idea.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

Marriage is when a couple plans on having children. Otherwise should live together.

Like MANY things, I feel this is a very subjective issue. Some people are very happy with one person forever. Some people are only happy with one new person per month/week/day.

It's an individual choice and preference. Biologically speaking, I don't think a case can be made for one or the other with absolute certainty.

Ethically/morally speaking, same thing.

I think you pretty much sued it up!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53276
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.