Agnostic.com

29 8

When someone says they are spiritual and also agnostic-atheist, I always wonder, "Do they believe there is something in addition to or beyond the natural world, like a "spiritual" heaven?" GROG

GROG 6 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Grog go to this discussion "SPIRITUAL: A Third Definition" there you might find definitions to explain what some people mean by spiritual.

Word Level 8 Sep 16, 2020

I have a pretty good idea of what they mean by being spiritual. I see spirituality as an internal/personal thing with no supernatural connection. We are all connected, but it is mainly biological. We have all grown up together. GROG

@GROG simply in short, replace "spiritual " with "reason to be motivated ".

the diff in existing and living, maybe?

it just may be that there is a way to in essence "have everything," even while actually owning nothing, that is maybe more in view?
we tend to personify "spirits," but after all can't we create them at will, more or less?

I think one form of human spirit is the aspiration to do or be better.

In relation to being better, we could strive to know how to align ourselves with a greater spirit.

I'm wondering what you are thinking of as a "greater spirit". GROG

@GROG I usually think in terms of universal spirit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.