Agnostic.com

13 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And why not? There is no longer separation of church and state. 😟

There is church/state separation and it has MANY FRIENDS. It also has enemies in high places. (Have you walked Squaw Peak or the Superstitions?)

Sad. All the more reason to be sure to vote against anyone who would put someone like this on the bench.

gearl Level 8 Sep 16, 2020

FFRF will get involved in this.

Special!

thats florida for ya!

Just in time for sea level rise to drown the Sunshine State! Or is that just me being petty?

You are not being petty in the slightest. Remember what God did to the whole of humanity with the exception of Noah and his wench!

Using law to spread the gospel. This man should not be a justice in Florida or any other state.

I wonder if she will uphold stoning as punishment for disobedient children and adulterers.

Regardless, the supreme law of the land which includes all of Florida is the Constitution and not the Bible/Gospels. Where the two conflict, the Constitution is to prevail. Any other decision is a miscarriage of justice. Of course, the SCOTUS has come up with some rather unconstitutional rulings of its own in our nearly 250 year history.

What can you expect from Florida, always right wing conservatives, catholics, christians, anti-abortionists...

just curious ... why did you separate the catholics from the christians?

@AtheistInNC , maybe because they hate each other and don't want to be seen as equals, but to me it's the same flock of sheep!

Using the justice system to promote one religion over another religion amounts to an egregious abuse of power.

Good point. It would be a violation of the establishment clause of the First Amendment.

@K9Kohle789 - They probably do know but just don't care. The disregard for the Constitution these days is alarming whether it be from ignorance or from willfully dismissing its content.

Florida is gonna Florida

Florida once again shows that it the "pan-handle state of the USA".

@anglophone Florida is in a slugfest for dumbest state with Texas. I think we may even be winning.

@Sgt_Spanky well Texas doesn't have Florida Man so.... lol

@Sgt_Spanky, a lot of southern states are vying for that.

@Lightupmylife not much different here. I tend to keep to myself mostly

@Lightupmylife I've heard that about Austin, it seems ty be an island of sanity in an ocean of mad evangelical conservatism. Best of luck in your efforts to get some of the red out.

F(bleep)k me.

Bend over.

What could go wrong 😂

Mvtt Level 7 Sep 15, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.