Agnostic.com

35 6

If God made himself known to you one day and said, "You must sacrifice the life of your child for me" what would you do?

You have been convinced this is God telling you this.

paul1967 8 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd firmly indicate that unless it intended to use its power to take over my action, I'm not a puppet for it to enact its sick fantasies. Several expletives would be involved. Then I'd go about my business.

I will tell him, "A benevelant god would not ask such a deed. He/she would never have created a situation in which such a deed be necessary." Then, I'd kindly bid him goodbye by saying, "Go fuck yourself, you sadistic bastard."

Gohan Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Get the fuck out of my face. You are an illusion.

It does have to be an illusion, but I would still take a minute to tell my illusion to go F%#$ himself.

Not sure anyone could say with certainty what they would do given the line you added, "you are convinced this is God"

My initial reaction is to reject the thought experiment as it's founded on a faulty premise, but to entertain the question there would be a series of questions necessary:

Why should I sacrifice my child?
What is the reward or punishment for compliance or non-compliance?
What is the proof that you are God?
Is my child my real life child, or am I Hitler's dad?

just to name a few...

Anything appearing to me telling me sacrifice my child I would say no, be it "god" or someone with a gun to my head - the answer is no

MrHIT Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

Wouldn't it be just a lot simpler to tell him to piss-off? He's a monster for asking me to do it. If I'm Hitler's dad then you're God you do it. I would still tell him to piss off, but I would spend more time teaching my child tolerance.

@paul1967 that's a thought. I find it more informative and entertaining to ask questions and gather information first though instead of just telling someone to piss off.

Get really fucking high and wait it out a bit to se if he fucked off again!

Haha. Maybe thats why fundamentalists have a problem with marijuana. Makes you too chill to do psycho gawds bidding

@Blindbird Haha!!! Never thought of that.. Fun da mentalists .. emphasis on mentalist ! Sure most of those people are truly delusional .. have to be really !!

Isn't that schizophrenia?

Straight to a&e and ask for medication

Assume I'd had a psychotic break and baker act myself.

I'd tell him to fuck off.

Fuck you I don't need your crap.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.