Agnostic.com

9 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, tangible does mean “ perceptible by touch.” So, perhaps, air is not “tangible”. Nor is it, in some sense “visible”. OTOH, it is detectable by various means. Including, perhaps most importantly to us, breathing. As far as radio waves are concerned, all of us using WiFi have a very dependable way of perceiving them, our computer.

When we try to describing something which cannot be detected by any means available to us, it is perfectly natural to think of it as not existing in the material world. If the only way you can perceive it is in your mind, then it is likely not real and is “only in your head”.

Geez Louise, what are they putting the water over there in India?

Too much naval contemplation. If it had a shred of utility, it wouldn't be so laughable.

OK, I got it. We cannot see radio waves so they exist without being tangible. So what? How does this help you with the invisible man? I cannot see cold and flu germs either in normal circumstances.

Erm you might not be able to see Radio waves but in the 300MHz to 300GHz frequencies you can certainly feel them, they will burn you alive, so they most certainly ARE tangible.

@LenHazell53 Yes, but i was not talking about amplified radio waves.

By the same logic, dreams exist.

Dreams do exists, they are measurable activity with in the brain of the sleeper.

The number 2 exists, but it is not tangible.

LOL, IF you're talking about the 'number 2' as per what we often teach our younger children to call defecating, then to us it is definitely not something we'd have as a tangible (???) thing by any means, BUT little ones seem to think that it is, often, a 'plaything' LOL.
Nothing worse than finding a child smearing themselves and everything within reach with their new found 'plaything' is there?

The concept of two exists, when the concept is applied to any two objects to recognise them as such it becomes a property of those objects.
There is no physical/tangible thing identifiable as "2" but the concept can be represented as a written numeral, that is as near to existence as it can get.

I do have to commend the caller for essentially admitting he was wrong. Most people, even here, will not do that.

And so what?

Just trying to see if the atheist argument is still air tight
. It is

not disagreeing, but after all "exist" implies "objective evidence" in most definitions?

What the fuck is "Tangable"?

A Tan gable would be the end wall of a house painted light brown.

The word is Tangible

"Tang-able"; can be made into a drink for astronauts.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:537891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.