Agnostic.com

40 3

What are your silliest/most unreasonable fears?

Mea 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A pair of my boxer shorts hanging out of the bottom of my trousers whilst walking the centre of a town

Grew up Catholic, my school still taught that the left hand was evil. As a little kid I translated that into feet as well. For the longest time I couldn't finish a flight of stair on the left foot. Had to finish on the right foot, otherwise I would go back and restart the flight of stairs. Anywhere new I went, I would memorize how many stairs there were so I knew which foot to start with. I don't have to do it anymore, or at least I can finish on the left foot without going crazy about it. I still have the habit of memorizing stairs though.

the future

Pissin in public... lol I have a stone bladder and just can't quite warm up to the other guy that's lettin farts and pissin all over my shoes, 😉

this month it's love

I don't have any silly or unreasonable fears; they are all understandable.

marga Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

I'm something of a germaphobe. Everything about the human body grosses me out.

ronak Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

Stupid MRI scan...freaked. Benzos didn't help, nothing did.

Between the claustrophobia and noise that was a long 20 minutes.

@Sticks48
Even reading that increases my anxiety

@Amisja They didn't warn me about the noise or that l could wear a sleep mask so l couldn't see. I never struggled so hard to keep my eyes closed. I kept picturing blue sky's and white puffy clouds above me. If l ever have to do that again they will have to knock me out.

@Sticks48 I have had to opt for an open MRI. I am a mental nurse/uni lecturer...I teach this stuff. I felt like I was being buried alive

@Amisja I agree.

I had a panic attack the one time I’ve had an MRI. The hospital’s MRI unit was in a trailer next to the main building. My scan was done there during a severe thunderstorm and very real threat of tornadoes. Between that and the closeness of the tube and the banging noise, I very nearly freaked out completely.

@SylviaMc Heck thats a complete nightmare

@Amisja ha ha
It was definitely not fun.

Well I have nightmares about snakes

Phobia of phobia. I fear that somehow someone will clone me capture my energy and somehow doom me to repeat the greed experience of this world.

Beetle bugs. They look like nightmarish aliens...and they fly!

@Maiasaura that episode of Outer Limits freaked me out...badly ..Lololololololololol

@Maiasaura Or that crazy typewriter from Naked Lunch.

Water at restaurants? I don't think it's unfounded, but some might find it ridiculous.

I hate hate HATE styrofoam. I try to avoid it at all cost. The sound it makes when it rubs together physically makes me ill.

And I also have an irrational fear of toucans. The fact that their beaks are as long as their body terrifies me. Which is weird because I believe in rational thinking above all’s and I know a toucan can’t really hurt me. But still, one will scare the crap out of me.

Hornets - last time I got stung went into labor 3 months early.

That's terrifying!!!

This is such a reasonable fear after meeting them .. lol .. to be fair they can be docile usually, but if they are threatened your fear is more than reasonable in my view.

They can sense fear, just don't fear them and they will just fly on by.

That I'd better wear something to bed in case I die and am caught naked. (My husband died last year, so after 35 years of sleeping in the nude, now I'm afraid to.)

Sooz Level 6 Apr 9, 2018

I just rediscovered sleeping naked after 20 years. I figure my body can’t be the worst body they’ve ever seen.

Just, sleep to one side (probably an ingrained habit already.. is for me). Turn out the covers on the other side and sock the pillow a couple of times before taking your side. Practice smiling as you fall into slumber. If your body is discovered that way, it will give them plenty to ponder..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53808
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.