Agnostic.com

17 13

Another reason why fanatical religious zealots are dangerous to society
and just so there is no talk of anti-semitism I am Jewish

[yahoo.com]

bklynite53 7 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It seems there are many religions have problems with pandemic guidelines.

Fundamentalist religion of any stripe is abhorrent, but it's a shame that you had to put it out there to deter the anti-Semites. Alas, such is the world we're living in today.

We seem to have lost our ability to make distinctions. The capacity for nuance is a vanishing art. One can loathe Judaism as a faith while deeply appreciating the Jewish ethnos. Similarly, one ought to be free to despise the Islamic faith without being labeled a racist Islamophobe.

Not all versions of the Islamic faith are despicable. For instance, Ismailis are very much community minded for the benefit of ALL society.

@Petter Agreed. There can be 'branches' or 'offshoots' of any faith which, if universal, would temper the negative elements greatly. IMO, Sufi mysticism and the Quakers represent improvements over mainstream Islamic and Christian traditions, respectively.

Bigots would still call you antisemitic anyway. Joe Biden, lifelong Catholic, is being called godless right now.

Lol, Well I suppose its the timing of the truth that is the issue.

I say let them gather all they want, and welcome them to do so with a Darwin award.

Zealots of all faiths should be shunned. Have you noticed that they are mainly confined to the Abrahamaic faiths?

To believe in one god, and then think that you have the only truth given to you from that god, is a recipe for disaster.

If they want to gather in mass number for service, let them all get sick from covid19. Then they can get a darwin award.

I wouldn’t give them any reward.........I’d rather see shit smeared on their graves.

The Hasidim broadly supported Trump in 2016. Most Conservative and Orthodox Jews support Republicans and behave in the same low information, psychotic and morally challenged way as evangelicals.

Steven Miller is Jewish.
Humans are pigs and they will devour one another if they lose respect for each other.
Some of us are good at accepting anything that’s harmless particularly if it’s none of our business.
We also see behaviors instead of skin color, but if I judged people by skin color I’d never be able to talk with another white person again, which would be sad, Jesus was a white person right?
I’m kidding, Jesus of every color is fiction.

He reminds me of Josef Goebbals, who was Adolf Hitlers minister of propaganda.

Fanaticism has been the mark of this century so far.
I don’t know what I expected 😔

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 7, 2020

It always existed in all of mans time on earth.

I really don't care if I'm called anti-semitic, the hasidic communities in the northeast are freakin' dangerous.
It's not just New York, it's also New Jersey and Connecticut, as well.
They're claiming "religious exemption", and are intentionally spreading the virus well outside of their own communities.
They're being damned arrogant about it.

They are every bit as bad as evangelicals and muslim extremists.
I have ZERO respect for their beliefs and I condemn them for their actions.

Religious right are nuts

Cuckoo birds!!

I suppose religious left isn’t much better. It’s a problem whenever political affiliations are tied to religion

The claim to be at war shows that they are at war with facts. I see that as (il)legitimized insanity.

The article does say that the community is getting hit hard by the virus, gee, I can't imagine why. WTF 🤯

Apparently they are.

@Jolanta Serves them sodding right! Darwin Awards, anybody?

@anglophone should we fire up the printers or just start making a bunch of little trophies. 🤔

@oldFloyd Whichever costs less. (Yes, I am a cheapskate.)

@anglophone scrap cardboard and a sharpie it is! 😆

Religious fanatic nutters are everywhere.

I agree. Former Reform Jew here - head of Jewish by Culture.

They're no better than the evangelicals. They're jeopardizing public health (and their own) for their "freedom". Religious events and prayer meetings are not essential. I don't blame Jewish people for the actions of these lunatic Hasids. I blame them tho.

Actually, Christianity has had such influence on the legal system so as to be responsible for significant terror to humanity, just nobody can talk about it because of, libel laws, hate crime laws and extensive protection for religion in the US.

@Desertcactus I agree. I'm not accusing these orthodox in Brooklyn of hate crimes but to burn masks is very disturbing. Why did they align themselves with the religious right? The Jewish community in general is progressive as are many Christians. I guess it's extremism on the right that's the problem.

The Hasids are in some ways similar to xtion evangelicals - my way only and out of my way while I'm doing whatever I'm doing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.