Agnostic.com

15 28

Friend of mine from high school told me last night that she wishes i was close to god like she is. I replied "nah I'm good. It probably has covid."

#god
redhog 7 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would have answered " and I wish you were closer to reality and science".

It would've just confused her

I would say "So you're okay being close to someone that has the knowledge and power to prevent children from suffering...but doesn't do a damn thing about it?"

Nah she's a bit simple honestly. Never was the brightest.

I would guess she was close to a talking snake too. And that her religion was the only “Real” one.

No but we do have one of those snake churches around here somewhere.

Is she still your friend?

Yeah she handles it well

Definitely DELUSIONAL... 😂😂😂

Shes never been very logical

One thing never mentioned is humidity. Being in clouds probably causes mold in the robes.

Is it orange!!??

Covid would be the least of your worries. He has some nasty proclivities!!

How about. Well if it's everywhere and in everything you are close to it, so there! 😝 Not only that it doesn't really matter anyhow. 😉

If God wants to be your friend, he knows where to find you. Why is it always up to us to find him? He's supposedly the omniscient one.

Imagine his cell’s list of contacts!!! 😱

We have to find him because he's try his darnedest to beat himself who is also his son at playing Hide and Go Seek. LOL.

They won’t stop unless you believe it too 😂

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 9, 2020

OMG! 🤣

Yeah, which god? Surely they don't mean the Christian god that was disproved by evolution 150 years ago?

Yup that one

No just a thing that I say no real meaning behind it ~shrugs

@redhog Well, Jesus can't very well be a sacrificial lamb to himself for a non-existent original sin if Adam and Eve never existed. Heck, for that matter, neither Jesus nor Moses existed either. And if Jesus didn't exist, yeah, maybe god doesn't exist either. Lots of youtubes to explain the accretion of dogma into what became Christianity. One has to be pretty dim and incurious to be a Christian. They're really only good for flipping burgers. Good luck.

I thought they believed their god was everywhere, how can one be closer to everywhere?

Everywhere, and yet closer to Redhog's friend. Divinity-level non-Euclidian geometry. 🤯 The alternative is that such a being's behavior might mirror that of a cat inversely reflecting levels of interest.

LOL. This reminds me of the old idea of a couple out under the stars looking up and smoking after just having sex. The female then asks the man if he is thinking what she is thinking. There is no way. Not any way at all.
If this offends anyone just switch the male and female role on asking the question. It works the same both ways. There is no way you are both thinking the same things.

I thought about that, but then thuoght , why am I thinking about this and gave up. That's why I'm only a 5

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.